Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My father was in the battle of the bulge in WW2. He picked up a mauser from the battlefield and brought it home. I was trying to find out what I could about it. On the left side of the receiver it is marked FAB.NAT,D`ARMES de GUERRE HERSTAL-BELGIQUE On the top of the receiver is stamped Y11 1930. It has a crest with what looks like a red cross symbal in it. On the right side of the receiver is the number H3341 which matches the # on the stock and the ammo bolt. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Hard to put an absolute Value without grading it , But a War Trophy Like that has More Heirloom value...
500-600 dollars maybe more...Depending...
Photos of Markings and the condition would help...Did he get the Bayonet ? Or Accessories ?
Rich

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Get some expert appraisals

Get an appraisal by a couple of experts. By all means do not modify it in any way. This really may be one of those things that come along rarely in a lifetime. Sort of like the perennial fable of someone visiting a farm, opening the barn door, and finding
a rare car (o.k. it really has happened a few times - but not many).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
He brought back the rifle with no accessories. It is in really good shape with most of the blueing. I shot it last around 1972 after I came back from Vietnam. I lent it to a friend to deer hunt a few months ago, I sugested my SKS or M1 carbine but he wanted something with stopping power. Was he sorry, he blew the deers head clean off. I could only imagine what it did to our soldiers in Belgium and wherever it traveled. Also, he brought back a dress bayonet with the eagle on the handle, a Luger, a 32 auto which looks like a Walther with SS markings on it. He said he took it off a SS officer. And a few German medals from the Russian campain. I`ll try to take some pictures if my daughter will help me, she is a whiz at photos and pasting them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts