Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know the Nikon M308 should come with it's own mount...mine did not. Got it used at a very, very good price, but it has a set of rings on it that don't give me the height and clearance I need on my DPMS Gen II Recon. A 20 MOA mount would be ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just remember that I'm on a disabled Vet income so a LaRue Tactical mount is out of my price range. Pretty doesn't count. Solid is king.

·
Curmudgeon In Training
4,595 Posts
Okay, I know the Nikon M308 should come with it's own mount...mine did not. Got it used at a very, very good price, but it has a set of rings on it that don't give me the height and clearance I need on my DPMS Gen II Recon. A 20 MOA mount would be ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just remember that I'm on a disabled Vet income so a LaRue Tactical mount is out of my price range. Pretty doesn't count. Solid is king.
Amazon has a 20MOA for the M308 for under $100. Is that in the price range?
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-M-308-M...d=1416703300&sr=8-2&keywords=Nikon M308 mount

Edit...

Amazon is just the front end for Optics Planet on this one. Same price on Optics Planet, and you can probably get a coupon code for at least 5% for Optics Planet.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-m-308-1pc-mount-w-built-in-20-moa-slope.html

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, my friend. I just noticed that myself. Will place the order ASAP. I get free shipping from Amazon so that will make up the 5% difference. New mount on the way.

·
Curmudgeon In Training
4,595 Posts
Thanks, my friend. I just noticed that myself. Will place the order ASAP. I get free shipping from Amazon so that will make up the 5% difference. New mount on the way.
Did it arrive? Been to the range yet? How are you liking that new rifle?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazon and their supplier let me know that it would take over a month for them to get the mount to me. Switched to a Vortex AR mount. No 20MOA slope, but at least the scope is on. Was planning on a range visit last weekend. Had a touch of the flu that sidelined me. Next weekend, no matter what. Just got in 3 P-mags (20 round), 100 brass cases and dies for .308. Need to load ammo between now and Friday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts