What Part Of "Get On Your Knees" Did He Not Understand?

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by Ten Man, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Yes, he was. He was also snotty. Stupidity and snottiness are not, however, capital offences last time I checked....nor have they ever been. If it were otherwise, I would not be here. Neither would some of you, I expect.

2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Where I grew up and was not in a city either you listened to a cop. Didnt matter if pulled over or walking and they wanted to question you. Especially with a gun in your belt or pocket and not a carry state either. Back in the day if you had a pistol it was illegal to be carried on you period. Then cops telling you to stop and you refuse. They very simply would have shot you on the spot. Not saying if it was right or wrong but that would have been the outcome. Been there, saw it..

3. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

No but attempted murder is...

This is an older video and was key evidence in the suspects attempted murder trial...

.. he got shot (if you watched the video its clear as day-maybe it didn't load for you) after being told multiple times to not go for the gun and to get on the ground.

At 1:11 he turns and puts his gun hand down into his pants and at 1:14 starts pulling the pistol out...he starts pulling the gun out and and actually fired several shots from it while simultaneously getting shot by the deputies.

This happened in Escambia Co. Florida in October , 2017.

The guy walked into a bank and started acting all strange and started threatening the bank tellers. The suspect told the bank employees to call the police because he "didnt want it to take it out on them,"

The bank employees called the police thinking he was going to rob the place.

When the first sheriff's deputy arrived he saw the gun sticking out of the man's back pocket. He gave several commands which the man ignored. The man pulled the gun and actually managed to fire several rounds out of it while being shot by police.

The man did not die and was arrested and charged with several counts of attempted murder. He was found guilty and sentence to life in prison.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crim...fe-attempted-murder-ecso-deputies/3509146002/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    jwrauch, TXplt, animalspooker and 7 others like this.
  4. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Why do people keep saying that rounds went off in his pocket? He pulls the gun, is tased, fires said gun wildly, and the officer lights him up.

Not that I am likely to be in a situation where a cop gives me those orders any time soon (hopefully) but if someone asks me to get on my knees on a day like today when the temperature, barometric pressure and humidity are making my joints sound like fireworks, I am screwed.

For that, I am writing this open letter:

Dear officers,

It is not that I do not want to comply with your order, but rather that I am a giant man, that is a long way down, and I have destroyed my knees through decades of stupidity, clumsiness, and sports.

Neither of us will have much luck ever getting me back up if I go down on my knees, since my knee joints sound like a grandfather clock exploding if I just sit too long, and it takes me several minutes of hunched over hobbling and old man noises just to recover from that.

I will lay, sit, and I can even halfway kneel in a weird slav-squat-kneeling-WWI rifle drill sort of way. If my left knee hits the ground at all, and rain or cold weather is within the 7-day forecast, do not be alarmed if I flop on to my side and curse in languages that the all the denizens of Heaven and Hell have not heard since the last time Satan stepped in Hellhound crap.

Sincerely,
    Pale

5. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Out of curiosity, where did the fat bald cop think he was running. At first I thought he might have been grazed be a bullet and ran to cover, but after re-watching the video several times, I think he ran into that tree.

Ron The Legend, neophyte and Rocky7 like this.
  6. Rocky7

Alberta
    OK. Thanks for that clarification. I thought it was fireworks going off in his pocket when he was tased.

Somebody reaches for a gun, I'm not reaching for my taser. Just sayin...

7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Appeared to be.

Ron The Legend and animalspooker like this.
  8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

If you are the only one there facing a deadly threat (like a guy with a gun) you shouldn't have a taser in your hand, you should be in the very least matching that threat with your own gun... however if you have other cops there who can cover you with a lethal force option (like their guns) and you feel you can safely get within taser range it can be OK to try to use that option... although its still dangerous because TASER's dont always work... as was seen in this video because they guy never got neuro muscular incapacitation and was still able to fire several shots off.

Regardless in this case the guy reached for the gun before the cop with the taser could react. Vs if the cop was able to get close enough to use the taser first to incapacitate the guy before he went for the gun that might have worked...

In this incident just monday morning quarterbacking here (but thats how we learn)...

at the start of the video Im not sure why the deputy left his cover and just went and stood out in the open with a guy he knows has a gun... even though the suspect's gun was "holstered" tucked in his back pocket there is still a reactionary time gap to contend with from the officer's perspective and if the guy goes for his gun (just like he did) we can all see he was still able to get mutlple shots off.

If I was the first guy there I would have been giving that guy commands from behind cover.
    He did say to watch out for his responding back up regarding crossfire but they still ended up in a three way cluster... yea the guy was against the wall but as we all saw when the shooting starts, everyone ends up moving and creating backdrop issues.

Also the whole "get on the ground! Im not gonna tell you again!" followed by doing exactly that several more times is always a loop we try not to get stuck in...

Instead of just repeating yourself you can do and say a lot of other things.

Ill flat our tell the guy who has a gun like that and not complying.....

"Do not move! Do not reach for that gun!"
    *guy is arguing and not complying.
    "Do not reach for that gun!"" one more time very loud and clear.
    "guy still isnt complying and moving all around
    "If you reach for that gun you WILL be shot!"

Ive asked twice and now Ive specifically and very clearly told him what the consequence of his action is going to be.

Now that that's out of the way we can go try going into other verbal descalaton or whatever tactics to see what his problem is and as long as he's hovering in that "very close to getting shot but not quite" stage we can still try to work and go from there. but if he escalates and reaches for the gun or does something else clearly hostile then shame on him. he was explicitly warned.

but it gets you and the suspect out of the endless loop of

Do X! I wont tell you again! over and over and over again with no change.

9. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    I saw it this time. He definitely pulled his gun. That is why they shot. Good shoot.

10. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

I would not have gone with a taser being subject wearing a look like heavy vest where a taser would not penetrate. Like Ten Man stated they don't believe laws apply to them. When I worked south side in our county, that attitude was rampant. What would get me was they would walk away as if you weren't there.

Ron The Legend, TXplt and neophyte like this.
  11. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I understand you. I watched the video twice and it is not really clear. Looks just like what you said. Looks like he got tazed or shot once and rounds of ammo or fireworks going off in his pocket. Not good video from my computer.

neophyte and Rocky7 like this.
  12. Rocky7

Alberta
    I don't know about being a cop, but I do know what would happen if someone was acting all raunchy with me and turned his back.

Anyway, I'll say good job for whoever was looking at his pockets. A Sgt. friend of mine took me on a ride-along one time and we answered a gun call at a hotel. Told me to wait in the car. I didn't. I went to the door and noticed the outline of a knife in the guy's rear pocket as the Sgt. and two constables blathered on within 2 ft. of the guy...guns holstered. They haven't seen what I am pretty sure is a knife. It might be a butterfly, it might a Buck, it might be a whatever. I quietly called her outside into the hallway, advised of the circumstance and she went back in and frisked him, took away knife and played the hero. Whatever. I guess the two constables forgot to look for lumpy stuff in pockets. I learned about that when I was teenager.

Thx for the explain TACAV. Make more sense when you walked me/us through it; incl. the Taser attempt.

neophyte and Junction15 like this.
  13. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The first officer did not go for his taser until he had backup on the scene with their pistols drawn and aimed at the perp. Only then did he holster his pistol and draw the taser.

It sure looked to be like the perp had firecrackers in his pocket that were set off by something -- I'm presuming the taser. There was smoke coming out of his back pocket. He was certainly alive at the end of the video; his legs were flopping spastically.

What astonished me was the fuckwit not getting down on his knees when a cop who had the drop on him told him to do so. I do have to wonder if the Fellers who say it looks to them as if he was trying to commit suicide by cop have it right. It was almost like he was begging the first cop on the scene to shoot him.

Ron The Legend likes this.
  14. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I think he confirmed the cop to his right had the man covered, before he pulled the taser.

Cyrano likes this.
  15. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

You've just witnessed the only real cure for STUPID.

Big Dog, animalspooker and blaster like this.
  16. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

Ask and you shall receive should be the title of that video.

Can anyone actually tell if the closest officer ever fires their weapon? I have watched the video almost frame by frame and I have yet to see any indication of a discharge. While not in direct line of fire, the two responding backup officers put each other in an angular path of fire should a round glance off that block wall. Seeing both move out of that path as shots are being fired leaves the first officer vulnerable for a second or two as he goes from taser back to firearm.

Makes a person wonder if in situations like this had the two backup officers brought out shotguns if the perp might have felt more inclined to comply. The superior force of the "bigger gun" and "this thing don't miss" and the thought of being splattered on the spot might have been a compelling factor to quit resisting commands. Also instead of 6 and 7 digit hospital bills you know the taxpayer funded, and the cost to house for life now, this could of ended with a morgue trip and a plot in the potters field.

Another career violent felon being a burden on the taxpayer in or out of incarceration.

17. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

I remember seeing this video quite some time ago. The idiot earned a Darwin award.

FortyXDM, neophyte and blaster like this.
  18. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Honorable Mention, only. He did not die.

We got a bit far afield for a "Humor" thread. I posted it because of the TASER setting off the ammo in his pocket, which I found to be hilarious.

Cyrano, neophyte, goat roper and 2 others like this.
  19. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

FWIW, Escambia County, FL is home to Pensacola (spent a few years down there in the late 90s teaching). Just east of the AL state line.

neophyte and TACAV like this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Straying from the subject is a frequent event when "family" is having a discussion. :p