What parts should a guy stock up on with a Nagant?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by killer, May 27, 2008.

1. killer

killer G&G Newbie

What parts have failed on you (if any). I'm trying to make a shopping list.

2. SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck G&G Newbie

When I bought my M44 from Big 5 I discovered (after I got it home) that the extractor was broken on the bolt. I replaced it with another one that I found on the internet. After replacing it I discovered that one of the springs on the magazine was missing. I ordered the whole magazine spring assembly from Tennessee Gun Parts. Several of the members recommended the site as a good one and they were right. Web address is www.tngunparts.com. They offer free shipping on orders over $10. The spring assembly was only $9.00 so I also ordered a magazine latch screw for $3.00. Had everything in less than a week. Those are the only problems I have run across with mine. LOL with yours.

God, Guns, and Guts: Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition

3. The only thing I have to keep buying for mine is more ammo.

4. Just stock extra rifles...a dozen or so should cover most situations.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Haven't had anything break on mine yet. But when I start stocking parts, I think I'm going to pick up a couple of bolt heads with extractors, a spare firing pin or two and the springs that go with, and a couple of spare ejectors and ejector springs. Seems to me these are the things most likely to go kerflooey - like maybe 15,000 rounds from now.

6. ghost_raven

ghost_raven G&G Evangelist

Just ammo and Hoppe's #9...

7. If you have any Mosins that are old enough to use a one piece ejector/feed interrupter, I would pack a few of them. My M91/10's came out in two pieces when I bought it...lol

8. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

and lots of Windex!

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Bolt head with extractor, firing pin and spring, floorplate latch and screw.

10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Duct tape, come on, these were designed so RUSSIAN's couldn't wreck them.

11. For $69.95 you can get the whole repair kit... and 99% of the time it's shootable.:09:

I am still in the process of buying spare parts (kits).:)

12. SwedeSteve

I have yet to have a part break, but the ones I listed, among others, would likely be the first to go.

13. jlem

jlem G&G Newbie

After I got my first Mosin M44 I was afraid that I might need a part so I decided to play it safe and get a 91/30. Then I started to stress about breaking both my Mosins so just to make doubley sure I got a 91/59. I am starting to get scared about all three breaking so I figure a M38 might help me sleep better at night.

14. ParrisIsland79

ParrisIsland79 G&G Newbie

First Mosin I bought off the rack at a dealer had a broken firing pin.

There were about six or eight other Mosin brothers on the rack next to mine, but mine was the only hex receiver 1933 Izzy. All the others were round '40-somethings in various states of been there, done it, then dragged back through it. I took the hex.

15. texnmidwest

I think you have the right idea. Of course they all may be in danger of need so you might want to pick up a finn m39 just to make sure. Dang then of course you may need a longer hand guard or something so you need an ex dragoon or an m91. Just can never be too careful!:09:

16. SwedeSteve

Tex you wicked enaber you........

17. texnmidwest

I can't help it...I learned from the best...You, moose and Marion!!!

18. SwedeSteve

I'd also add a trigger pin, and an ejector screw. Man I don't know how many times I've spent hours looking for one, LOL !!

19. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

+1

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  20. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie