Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Reading this thread made me think......I have a friend who can shoot one hole groups at 100 yards with a snub nosed 38 even with a 15mph cross wind.....in a heavy rain........off hand........with no shoes.......and a poot stuck sideways even!

Naw, if someone is happy with the way their pistol performs that should be good enough. I have never owned a semi auto handgun that was 100% reliable. Shoot enough rounds through a semi auto and sooner or later you will have a round that will jam. Blame the pistol? Most jams are caused by the magazine. Ammo is another big cause. The other reasons I have found for jams are worn springs.

high pionts

ive owned 3 high point pistols 2 9mm and 1 380,i myself have put hunderds of rounds threw all of them and never had a issue with one of them. that being said, would i if i had a chioce ,choose high point over a better made pistol to defend myself or my family NO IF I HAD A CHOICE. like them or hate them take em for what thier worth,and make your own decision.

My son has one in 40 S&W. He had issue with feeding early on but figured that the feed lips on his magazines were not quite right. So he tweaked them a little at a time and not they all shoot well for him. I've shot it too and found it comfortable to shoot and accurate.
He plans to take it to the action pistol matches this summer. I told him that's fine .........as long as he is assigned to a different squad than me.

I've been a long time member of a couple of Hi Point forums and it seems that 99% of any problems that you run into end up being the magazines. I've actually seen some people adapt 1911 mags to use in them.

I never knew much about Hi-Points and what I did see was folks flaming on them via internet.

Then one came into my life, itd been abused and had choked on some 'bad ammo??'
The 995 carbine looked almost new, cept for the headless brass case riveted in the chamber and the missing extractor claw.
A ride into Ohio's Bee Miller shaped it right up.
That Hi-Point pretty much did its own positive PR, (So far Ive not been disapointed 11 years after)
Got it back to NW Alaska after about 45 days, like brand new, with 2 new mags, factory sling and scope mount.
I swapped out the factory stock for a ATI replacement stock, the only reason was Hi-Points tiny trigger guard.
ATI's stock at least gives a fella with fat fingers a chance to enjoy the old 995's.
Its accurate and will digest fmj, trunnicated cone hollow points and lead ball training all in the same mag at -17°F and a different time -27°F why? because my kids were just loading the mags that cold day and wernt paying any mind to keeping to the same type in a mag.
It worked fine and the kids could hit what they were shooting at out to 215 paces on the sea ice.
Those peep sights work ok.
As of yet I hadnt mounted a scope on it, But figure it could be even more accurate with a decent scope on it.
My only problem I had was the bolt handle was loose and fell off that one time it was -17°F but was easy to find the parts on the hard packed snow on the sea ice and once back home a spot of Blue Locktite has kept that bolt handle in place ever since.

With a return to the factory for FREE repairs at less than 1%, I would say most are GREAT gun's
IF, HP's were only 10% as bad as some people on the Internet said, they would have been put out of business year's ago! With a Lifetime NO Questions Asked Transferable Warranty, you can't hide from that. I personally have sent 18 HP'S back to the factory for FREE repairs or replacement. 3 were replaced with BNIB gun's and 15 were repaired to better than New condition! Some will ask why would I send so many back to the factory. I was building a complete collection. I needed exact models, so when and where I found them, I bought them. Some were broken beat up and missing parts, in box gun's. But I was NEVER disappointed when they returned!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.