Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radical gun ban clan will continue to create a Utopia where guns are banned . The semi auto rifles and carbines are at the top of the hit list and have been since before the first assault rifle ban in 1994. We have a mix of state laws that continue to ban them in many states and many states even make empty magazines a top crime. In one state they have over 4 million people illegally in their state and not one is prosecuted. but anyone with a non=approved semi auto rifle is a sure bet to be prosecuted. We have made progress, but really, we have not even taught them the difference between an Assault Rifle and an Armelite Rifle.....

There was the recent case of the magazine capacity ban being ruled unconstitutional by a Judge in California. Federal Court Rules California's Ban on High-Capacity Magazines Violates 2nd Amendment - The New York Times (nytimes.com) So, possession of an 11 round magazine in California is still legal, for now. but what about the other 8 states that have similar magazine bans?

So, what to do with all those AR 15 magazines if the guns are banned. Ruger has a solution. Here is one. The Ruger American, takes the AR 15 magazine. Cool idea, This one is 223/5556. But then they also sell the same gun in 300 BLK, so use the same AR 15 mags.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Font
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Cowboy action shooting Wood Gun barrel

223/556 300 BLK and a green one in 350 Legend, same AR mags.

And how about this little brown one in 7.62 x 39. Takes the same mags as the long established Ruger Mini 30.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

All the above are the Ranch Rifle bolt guns. But, the Ruger Predator rifles in the same calibers also use the AR and Mini 30 magazines. I do not own any of the above, yet. All of the above have threaded barrels, the one-piece Picatinny scope base, and the long established accu-trigger, These guns are 3 feet long and weigh 6.1 pounds, like a model 94 30-30, only a pound less and nearly 2 inches shorter, in a word, handy.

Mossberg and others may make a gun that accepts AR magazines which should also be considered. Just my thoughts of a survival mode in those states where the mags may be legal but the guns not. Dumb yes, but it is what it is. I really like the idea that I can have a dozen loaded mags for a bolt gun. LOL Don't laugh, lots of people in the Ukraine would understand.

Not everyone knows about the magazine interchangeability so I thought I would just raise the awareness. The little American is $600 on the street and gets rave reviews in all the gun rags.

Comments from people that have them? I also shoot suppressed and it seems to me that any caliber would be OK suppressed. with proper bullets. Accuracy? Velocity with the short barrel? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I have a Mossberg Patriot rifle that takes AR15 magazines.
I gotta admit that it feels kinda weird when I stuff a 30 round mag in a bolt action rifle. I think it would be even more weird if I put in a 100 round BetaMag.

And it's even legal to hunt with it that way if I want to. Here in Maine we are restricted to 5 round magazines (+1 in the chamber for 6 total) but that applies only to semi-autos, and only when using it for hunting.

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
600? american dddddollars?
when i bought my 300 BO they were like 300 bucks.
i musta fell asleep for 50 years and missed something.

look.
if you gotta start handing crap in it's time to start using it.
a bolt action anything is not what i'm gonna be using, they can KMA.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its kinda pricey, but Troy Defense makes a ar-atyle pump action rifle, takes most ar parts( except bolt/ gas system parts) including 30 round mags and unlike a bolt action, this thing could lay down some fire once your used to it. more like a lever action with an extended mag.

WOW, would not go that way, but sure could go for one of those Henry lever guns if it took an AR mag. I started a thread a while back on that one.https://www.gunandgame.com/threads/henry-is-at-it-again-innovative-stuff-223-long-ranger-carbine.220090/#post-2761872 That one would be just fine with AR mags. IMHO

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

The little Rugers just have a lot to offer in size and portability and they are threaded which matters to many.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
36,051 Posts
If it gets to the point the anti's succeed in magazine bans nationwide, I think the time will have come for a Second American Revolution ... with more emphasis on the French Revolution, to deprive the leftists of leadership. It is interesting that the center-right pundits, as we have been saying for years, believe if there is a second Civil War it is more likely to be ideologically rather than geographically based, with the dividing line being on personal freedoms (us) versus government control (them). The question then becomes whether the nation fractures with the Peoples Democratic Republic (aka "rabid anti-gun") states divided by the vast red "flyover" states and the American Southeast; or whether the nation remains in its present shape but with several million fewer leftists gumming up the works.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
WOW, would not go that way, but sure could go for one of those Henry lever guns if it took an AR mag. I started a thread a while back on that one.https://www.gunandgame.com/threads/henry-is-at-it-again-innovative-stuff-223-long-ranger-carbine.220090/#post-2761872 That one would be just fine with AR mags. IMHO

View attachment 173414
The little Rugers just have a lot to offer in size and portability and they are threaded which matters to many.

Why the "WOW"? price? yeah its up there.

i know this is personal opinion and we all have our own tastes, but i think they look really cool. and kinda nifty that its not reliant on a semi auto gas systems to function. of course i have grown up on the ar-15 so maybe im alittle biased towards "modern sporting rifles"

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's a Ruger, so I wouldn't even think about owning one. I've owned several of their "Premium" class rifles - Model 77's and #1's over the years. None ever met my accuracy expectations.

As far as my High capacity magazines go, all I have to say is come and get them if you think you can. It's my personal property, and I'm kind of picky on who is allowed on my property. I'm a firm believer in the Castle Doctrine. If you are armed and trespassing on my property, I won't take it kindly.
Powder, Primer's, and Bullet's are like gold today, so there won't be any warning shots!

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
376 Posts
Here in Washington state, as of July 1, 2022, all magazines that hold over 10 rounds will be illegal, except for tubular magazines, and they will come for those next.

Been thinking about getting a bolt again rifle chambered in .308 that will accept AR style mags. I already have several rifles chambered in .308 and several AR style .308 magazines, but now I need a bolt action rifle that will take them. I know Ruger and Mossberg both make them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a Ruger, so I wouldn't even think about owning one. I've owned several of their "Premium" class rifles - Model 77's and #1's over the years. None ever met my accuracy expectations.

As far as my High capacity magazines go, all I have to say is come and get them if you think you can. It's my personal property, and I'm kind of picky on who is allowed on my property. I'm a firm believer in the Castle Doctrine. If you are armed and trespassing on my property, I won't take it kindly.
Powder, Primer's, and Bullet's are like gold today, so there won't be any warning shots!
A "warning shot" is just a handy excuse for a miss.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here in Washington state, as of July 1, 2022, all magazines that hold over 10 rounds will be illegal, except for tubular magazines, and they will come for those next.

Been thinking about getting a bolt again rifle chambered in .308 that will accept AR style mags. I already have several rifles chambered in .308 and several AR style .308 magazines, but now I need a bolt action rifle that will take them. I know Ruger and Mossberg both make them.
I just got a flyer from Kentucky Gun Company this morning. It has this banner running across the top of their adds:

"In response to the passing of Washington states law banning standard capacity magazines effective July 1st, all magazine orders shipping to Washington state will receive priority. "
So, the Federal judge in LA ruled the California magazine capacity ban was unconstitutional and that case is winding through the appeal process. So the communists in Washington state and other places, just keep passing the exact laws, knowing they will ban magazines and keep that idea as front page news, until the Supreme Court finally rules on it, we hope.

On the other hand, they may just be passing these laws to make the constitutionalists spend money fighting the gun and magazine bans. They know they cannot ban most guns, so they go after magazines and bullets, death by a thousand cuts.

And I do think it a good idea to have many magazines for any rifle that takes them, just an easy way to carry ammo, and it is handy if you need it. As I get older and go to the range, I find it painful to load magazines, so I just load them in advance and spend my time shooting. I also have one of those SW Governors that shoots 45 acp, 45 Colt and 410. I have enough moon clips that I load about 200 rounds so I do not mess with reloading them at the range. If the zombies attack here at home, that would be handy too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got a flyer from Kentucky Gun Company this morning. It has this banner running across the top of their adds:

"In response to the passing of Washington states law banning standard capacity magazines effective July 1st, all magazine orders shipping to Washington state will receive priority. "
So, the Federal judge in LA ruled the California magazine capacity ban was unconstitutional and that case is winding through the appeal process. So the communists in Washington state and other places, just keep passing the exact laws, knowing they will ban magazines and keep that idea as front page news, until the Supreme Court finally rules on it, we hope.

On the other hand, they may just be passing these laws to make the constitutionalists spend money fighting the gun and magazine bans. They know they cannot ban most guns, so they go after magazines and bullets, death by a thousand cuts.

And I do think it a good idea to have many magazines for any rifle that takes them, just an easy way to carry ammo, and it is handy if you need it. As I get older and go to the range, I find it painful to load magazines, so I just load them in advance and spend my time shooting. I also have one of those SW Governors that shoots 45 acp, 45 Colt and 410. I have enough moon clips that I load about 200 rounds so I do not mess with reloading them at the range. If the zombies attack here at home, that would be handy too.
You aren't retired Freedom Fighter, you are resting up.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You aren't retired Freedom Fighter, you are resting up.
Maybe so. When you retire from the military they tell you that you are always subject to recall. Be pretty desperate if they get to me on that list. lol That said, the last deer I killed in Nov was at 282 yards, so I still have a little ability left, it just takes me a long time to get anywhere....on the other hand, rifles and optics they make these days are pretty easy to hit something like a big deer or something the size of a human out to 500 yards or so, much longer for people that practice at distance....

For that reason there will never be a land invasion of our country, too may people have guns and the ability to make pretty precision shots as far as they can see. And despite the recent survey that said 2/3 of the Democrats in the US would run to another country if invaded, there are massive amounts of "gun people" who will stand and fight to last breath in this country, like what we are seeing in the Ukraine. God Bless them.

We have an election coming up, we need to focus our attention on that. We also need to realize that elections are based on who spends the most money and like the 2 senate seats we lost in Georgia last year, it is out of state money that controls. So, we need to be thinking about sending money to those Senate seats in states other than ours. Sad deal but that is how it works. Fighting for our freedoms at home, means sending money to some Senate candidate in another state, just seems wrong, but it is the hand we have. If we do nothing we will lose more and more rights. I guess I will have to send money to Washington state to support the good guys up there. Ouch, that hurts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe so. When you retire from the military they tell you that you are always subject to recall. Be pretty desperate if they get to me on that list. lol That said, the last deer I killed in Nov was at 282 yards, so I still have a little ability left, it just takes me a long time to get anywhere....on the other hand, rifles and optics they make these days are pretty easy to hit something like a big deer or something the size of a human out to 500 yards or so, much longer for people that practice at distance....

For that reason there will never be a land invasion of our country, too may people have guns and the ability to make pretty precision shots as far as they can see. And despite the recent survey that said 2/3 of the Democrats in the US would run to another country if invaded, there are massive amounts of "gun people" who will stand and fight to last breath in this country, like what we are seeing in the Ukraine. God Bless them.

We have an election coming up, we need to focus our attention on that. We also need to realize that elections are based on who spends the most money and like the 2 senate seats we lost in Georgia last year, it is out of state money that controls. So, we need to be thinking about sending money to those Senate seats in states other than ours. Sad deal but that is how it works. Fighting for our freedoms at home, means sending money to some Senate candidate in another state, just seems wrong, but it is the hand we have. If we do nothing we will lose more and more rights. I guess I will have to send money to Washington state to support the good guys up there. Ouch, that hurts.
So hard to tell who the good guys are, and to tell exactly how much cheating is possible with control of the voting machines. I was never in the military (thank you for being), but even getting up there in years, I still have a lot of fight in me. Especially when considering that I may have to fight for my son's future.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" - Thomas Paine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts