Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
The same with me Freedomfighter, I'm now a 68 year old heart patient with Diabetes. Not much left of me they would be interested in!
I'm 68 as well but I'm useful, all I have to do is eat two MREs get corked up, after two days I'd be ugly and pissed as all get out, just give me a gun, point me in the right direction and tell me to kill the enemy. Just imagine 5000 corked up Raging Warriors, it would instill fear in the hearts of our enemies, and demoralize them as they lay dying in a field and suddenly we all get the urge take a huge crap right next to them. The aroma alone would be savage and deadly. It would be legendary, one for the history books.
For any of you who have never tried a true MRE, I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm 68 as well but I'm useful, all I have to do is eat two MREs get corked up, after two days I'd be ugly and pissed as all get out, just give me a gun, point me in the right direction and tell me to kill the enemy. Just imagine 5000 corked up Raging Warriors, it would instill fear in the hearts of our enemies, and demoralize them as they lay dying in a field and suddenly we all get the urge take a huge crap right next to them. The aroma alone would be savage and deadly. It would be legendary, one for the history books.
Wicked109, I almost pity them when they encounter you! But I have 20/20 vision and my index finger works very well.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Somehow this makes me think of the Moro warriors that bound up their testicles with wet rawhide, and were not allowed to untie them until the battle was won, or they died.

I think I'd take my chances with the MRE's.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Somehow this makes me think of the Moro warriors that bound up their testicles with wet rawhide, and were not allowed to untie them until the battle was won, or they died.

I think I'd take my chances with the MRE's.
Well I have a few years on you guys and maybe my memory is not as good as yours, but I can remember C rations and MR Es pretty well. A I recall there was a scientific relationship between how tasty those were or not. It was related to how cold, you were, how wet you were, and how long since your belly was full. A cold C ration was not much to enjoy, but a hot canteen cup of any of that stuff at 3:00 am when you were unable to sleep in your 2 shelter halves ( pup tent) because it was 25 degrees and you did not have a bag only one wool blanket , and you had been rained on, snowed on and sleeted on for 3 days , yep that stuff was pretty good.

Guess you had to be there. As you can see I remember that one pretty vividly. But there were many more as the military guys recall. You just sucked it up and moved on. Thinking back if gven a choice I would have happily paid $100 for one of those Dennys Ultimate Omelets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I have a few years on you guys and maybe my memory is not as good as yours, but I can remember C rations and MR Es pretty well. A I recall there was a scientific relationship between how tasty those were or not. It was related to how cold, you were, how wet you were, and how long since your belly was full. A cold C ration was not much to enjoy, but a hot canteen cup of any of that stuff at 3:00 am when you were unable to sleep in your 2 shelter halves ( pup tent) because it was 25 degrees and you did not have a bag only one wool blanket , and you had been rained on, snowed on and sleeted on for 3 days , yep that stuff was pretty good.

Guess you had to be there. As you can see I remember that one pretty vividly. But there were many more as the military guys recall. You just sucked it up and moved on. Thinking back if gven a choice I would have happily paid $100 for one of those Dennys Ultimate Omelets.
Can't figure out how far back you are talking. The "snowed on" part has me curious.

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
We had a The Original Trading Post curio store est.1603 when I was growing up in Santa Fe, NM (that store is still there) that sold some military surplus and my cousin and I bought several cans of C-Rats to take when we would go camping. They weren't too bad and tasted better than K-Rats. What I do remember is buying one that was labeled Fruit Cake and opening it up - It looked perfect and invitingly delicious, however, if you don't have coffee or something to wash it down it took forever to generate enough saliva to swallow it and it did taste like fruitcake. I have done the correlation since that day and realized that's whay fruitcakes are the gift that keeps on giving. If you ever receive a fruit cake that has made the gift giving rounds for many years, be bold and open the darn thing, cut a slice, and eat it. You will experience a timeless moment of bonding with your brethren that served in the trenches.
Sky Window Font Facade Door

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
Back to the Original Poster's Topic now that I've had a bit of time to ponder your question...ART. Turn them into ART. Grab a tube of silicone sealant, some Mat Boards and create some dynamic designs and title it appropriately. Example...make a circle of 30 round magazines and call it The Feedom Star, or draw a straight line and place the curved magazines along the line with the curve pointing in the same direction. Title it "Highrise Hurricane Effect." Be sure and sign your work and it becomes protected by the First Ammendment. If you drill a little hole that allows a 1/2 inch 4-40 screw or sheet metal screw to be screwed into the magazine that prevents the follower from accepting a round, the magazine is rendered nonuseable. Just some food for thought, and we might have a bunch of artists in the G&G family.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We had a The Original Trading Post curio store est.1603 when I was growing up in Santa Fe, NM (that store is still there) that sold some military surplus and my cousin and I bought several cans of C-Rats to take when we would go camping. They weren't too bad and tasted better than K-Rats. What I do remember is buying one that was labeled Fruit Cake and opening it up - It looked perfect and invitingly delicious, however, if you don't have coffee or something to wash it down it took forever to generate enough saliva to swallow it and it did taste like fruitcake. I have done the correlation since that day and realized that's whay fruitcakes are the gift that keeps on giving. If you ever receive a fruit cake that has made the gift giving rounds for many years, be bold and open the darn thing, cut a slice, and eat it. You will experience a timeless moment of bonding with your brethren that served in the trenches.
View attachment 173876
What is your age, if you don't mind my asking? Did you know any Quintanas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
The radical gun ban clan will continue to create a Utopia where guns are banned . The semi auto rifles and carbines are at the top of the hit list and have been since before the first assault rifle ban in 1994. We have a mix of state laws that continue to ban them in many states and many states even make empty magazines a top crime. In one state they have over 4 million people illegally in their state and not one is prosecuted. but anyone with a non=approved semi auto rifle is a sure bet to be prosecuted. We have made progress, but really, we have not even taught them the difference between an Assault Rifle and an Armelite Rifle.....

There was the recent case of the magazine capacity ban being ruled unconstitutional by a Judge in California. Federal Court Rules California's Ban on High-Capacity Magazines Violates 2nd Amendment - The New York Times (nytimes.com) So, possession of an 11 round magazine in California is still legal, for now. but what about the other 8 states that have similar magazine bans?

So, what to do with all those AR 15 magazines if the guns are banned. Ruger has a solution. Here is one. The Ruger American, takes the AR 15 magazine. Cool idea, This one is 223/5556. But then they also sell the same gun in 300 BLK, so use the same AR 15 mags.
View attachment 173401 View attachment 173403
View attachment 173402

223/556 300 BLK and a green one in 350 Legend, same AR mags.

And how about this little brown one in 7.62 x 39. Takes the same mags as the long established Ruger Mini 30.
View attachment 173404

All the above are the Ranch Rifle bolt guns. But, the Ruger Predator rifles in the same calibers also use the AR and Mini 30 magazines. I do not own any of the above, yet. All of the above have threaded barrels, the one-piece Picatinny scope base, and the long established accu-trigger, These guns are 3 feet long and weigh 6.1 pounds, like a model 94 30-30, only a pound less and nearly 2 inches shorter, in a word, handy.

Mossberg and others may make a gun that accepts AR magazines which should also be considered. Just my thoughts of a survival mode in those states where the mags may be legal but the guns not. Dumb yes, but it is what it is. I really like the idea that I can have a dozen loaded mags for a bolt gun. LOL Don't laugh, lots of people in the Ukraine would understand.

Not everyone knows about the magazine interchangeability so I thought I would just raise the awareness. The little American is $600 on the street and gets rave reviews in all the gun rags.

Comments from people that have them? I also shoot suppressed and it seems to me that any caliber would be OK suppressed. with proper bullets. Accuracy? Velocity with the short barrel? Inquiring minds want to know.
Our mentioned rifles will not be banned by law. That idiot bill will not pass.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Right-On. Works for me. And I was so looking forward to seeing the artwork and people's imagination.
Closest I have seen to the artwork you describe is the taping of 2 magazines together with the feed ends opposed, for quicker reloads. Maybe use pretty colors of duct tape in contrast to the mag color?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts