What Was Hornady Thinking!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Brass Trader' started by Brother Bob, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Found my 1st 6mm Hornady in my 6.5 Creeds! Same dang size, just necked down! Guess what I’m saying is that it appears a 6mm Hornady will chamber into a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle and rattle right down the barrel! I just sold, what I thought were 6.5’s to a lot of folks that we love. I guess they’ll catch it when the bullet won’t fit! Dang it!

jwrauch likes this.
  2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    B.B. It is hard to keep up with way too many calibers these days. Just way too many flavors out there and can get mixed up.

jwrauch and Brother Bob like this.

3. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

I sorted out more than 250 lbs of brass a few years back, even bought the sorting sifters. After getting part of the way thru I realized all the .357 sig cases were going in with the .40 S&W cases. After hand sorting thru 2 1/2 five gallon buckets of .40 S&W brass I weeded out maybe a gallon of .357 sig cases. I sold 10K + pieces of the .40 brass and still have a ton left. I went thru one five gallon bucket running them thru the LNL (automatic case inserter) depriming and sizing and still found maybe a 100 or so .357 sigs in the mix. They sure do stop the press fast.

Jaison, jwrauch and Brother Bob like this.
  4. Brother Bob

Don’t even want to know how many 10mm went into my 40S&W buckets. A 40 is a 10mm short.

jwrauch likes this.
  5. Brother Bob

Also found out I need a 32 sorter, the hard way!

rando and jwrauch like this.