Gun and Game Forum banner

What was the name of this shotgun??????

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  DANA 
#1 ·
Originaly posted this on a NEF collectors board.....without any luck...about 20?? years ago...NEF?? H&R?? or simaler company made a single shot shot gun...410..with a built in flashlight in the forearm....my fuzzy old brain keeps thinking it was called something like "home tamer" or "Home Charmer"...or some such thing...was marketed as a self/home defense shotgun...mainly for women I think. In any case kinda like a song stuck in you head...kinda bugging me that I cant think of the name of this shotgun.

Thanks All.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#3 ·
It looked like the snake charmer...but had the built in flash light....way before tactical lights were the in thing....I can see the add in my mind...lady holding it....talked about being good for reptials...inplying burglars....probly a spin off of the Snake Charmer.... Was talking to wifee poo about getting her a new shotgun...she dont like the 12 gauge...dont wat a pump...did not like the Sagas....and my mind rembered this...did a bunch of web searches......figured one of the trivia buffs would rember it.

#4 ·
The only light-equipped shotgun I recall is the High Standard Model 10 bullpup - the A model had a fixed light over the barrel and the B had a detachable light under the barrel. They were only sold to Law Enforcement. Unfortunately it had a limited magazine capacity and fired only magnum ammo.
I've seen the Snake Charmer, but they seemed just too small to be a serious defense gun.

#5 ·
???????

THE SNAKE CHARMER CAME IN THREE TYPES.
SNAKE CHARMER AND SNAKE CHARMER 11 BASICLY THE SAME.
SEA CHARMER
NIGHT CHARMER (MAY HAVE HAD A LIGHT)
ALL WERE IN .410

HIGH STANDARD MADE A 10A AND 10B IN 12 GA.
THE 10A HAD A LIGHT MOULDED INTO IT'S FOREARM.
WAS FIRED FROM THE CROOK OF THE ARM NOT YOUR SHOULDER. IT WAS A FORM OF A BULLPUP.

DANA

#6 ·
Night Charmer THAT ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never heard of the Sea Charmer....what was that one?????
I even e-mailed the Snake Charmer II current manufacture....they did not know the answer to my ?? You are the MAN DANA!!!!!!!

It had like a pen light I think...anyway projected a round cone of light..black dot in the center (more of a common problem with old flashights..not realy intentional design)....

#7 ·
BIG DOG.......................

the H/S model 10 bullpup can be found on the online auctions once in a while. but keep the jumper cables for the heart handy as they ask beaucoup bucks for one!!!:eek:

#18 ·
BULLPUP

WHILE THE MOD 10 SERIES HAS BEEN OUT OF PRODUCTION FOR YEARS IT WAS A NOVEL SEMI BUT TAKES SOME GETTING USE TO AS IT FIRES FROM THE CROOK OF YOUR ARM. CAN'T BE FIRED FROM YOUR RIGHT SHOULDER AS EJECTION IS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. MOSSBERG MADE A 500 BULLPUP. MY ONLY FAULT WITH IT IS YOU CAN CATCH YOUR FINGER IN THE SLIDE RAIL DEPENDING ON HOW HARD YOU USE THE SLIDE IS HOW BIG YOUR BLOOD BLISTER GETS. NOT AS BAD AS A M1 THUMB OUCH.

DANA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.