close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what we need here is a chat room

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 7mmag6, Jul 18, 2002.

1. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

what do you think guys, we could all blah blah untill our hearts content, **** off our wives, lose our jobs, but think of the fun, talking about our favorite subjects ,guns ,beer, guns, beer, pickups, guns, beer, what about it chris, is it a possibility?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, it could be done, we shall see.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Heck I'm all for it. It seems like a chat room in molassis sometimes anyway, lol.

4. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Actually, we could use two chat rooms; one for this esoteric talk, and another for technical issues.

If you can do it, you should. Don't wait for general consensus, we're all chomping at the bit now.

5. Chris

Well I have two options, I am considering.

mIRC-Chatroom based on loading Java applets

PHPMyChat-based on php and mysql database

If you have knowledge of mIRC, I need 4 people to help create the room. So contact me.

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yeah, then we can get p.o.'ed at each other in real time !!!:fuss:

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

You guys don't want me getting my chores or honey-do's done do ya?

It would be a blast - I think - ya we could get all pissed at each other in real time and yes we would talk about beer, guns, beer, guns, beer, guns and beer!! Maybe a little talk about hunting, and beer, and guns, beer, and maybe a little Ta-kill-ya!! whooa!

Sorry Chris - I don't know enough about anything to be of much help - unless of course you need some help with some BEER!?!?!?!?!

8. Chris

Well ya talked me into it...I just gotta sit in a chatroom for 2 hours, and act like I am important, and we will try to go from there.

9. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Great idea let's get it on. I bet we will overload it.

10. NRAJOE

You and Klaus and Lenny would fry it!

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

We had a chatroom on the old site software. Chris and I monitored it until the software switch to V-Bulletin and saw little activity, so we scrapped it to save on server space. Since we have a better server now, a chatroom might be the ticket. If I give Chris the go-ahead to apply the funds, you guys promise to behave yourselves (HA). Chatrooms are in real-time, and are rarely monitored... so you guys keep on the lookout for any trolls for me. I'll have Chris set it so only members can join it. That should cut out about 60% of all troubleseekers wanting to troll. Give us some time, we'll try to get a good software package.

Jesse

12. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

i really like the chatroom configuration at virtualjehrusalem .com it s a constant scroll, they call it digichat

13. Chris

digi-chat is awesome, but also with a hefty price tag tho! almost 400 big ones!

14. NRAJOE

15. Chris

They have one license on there for 10,000, great chatroom, not that great ;)

16. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

i dont know what a troll is , is that like the cave troll in lord of the rings? I cant imagine any one trolling for trouble here, a bunch of gun nuts?, they would recieve a virtual 5.56mm in about 5 seconds

17. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Yep...What we need here is a Chat Room.

18. leave it to Ox to find this. 7 was right.

19. Question is: are we ever gonna get one back? Dunno.

20. Chris

ETA: one week or less.