Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a the CCW and was wondering what good $300 concealable pistols are out there, and holster to go along?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip, that is close to what I want. I may get a hammerless revolver or something of that nature. What caliber is that little guy?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I amy look into that a little more, thanks. :right:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd say get whatever gun and holster is most comfortable for you, and practice like crazy. Get real familiar with your set-up.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I should just warn you SKS that those are not actually makarovs. I believe they were saying that when makarovs were harder to come by, so that would make people happy. dont quote me though. Im sure that is just as reliable, however

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being that whatever I get is going to be my carry gun IT HAS TO PERFORM FLAWLESSLY! I will be trusting my life with it and it better not fall apart after a few time at the range. I have seen a lot of .380s crack into pieces. Maybe I should step up and get a revolver or an XD-40 sub compact? Unfortunatley, I only have enough for a cheapy right now, 100-200 range so I want to get the best I can with that money.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I dont think it is actually a 'Makarov'. I would personally go with the one i showed you, because it has all those extras and is an original makarov. Like i said though, i dont know, but im sure that will function just as good. It is smaller so it might be more comfortable in a pocket

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just found out that the biggest importer of Russian pistols is here in Tucson. I am going to have to look into that!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that is disconcerning! I will stick with a revolver or a different semi-auto.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
FWIW, the owners (husband and wife) of one range that I go to, BOTH carry maks when in "civilian" mode. They like the size and handling and both use Glaser ammo. I'm not trying to discount any previous posts, just posting what I have heard from associates. BTW, if you look at the General Rifle forum, you'll find some guys claming that SKS's are the worst rifles they ever owned!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
My dad carries the MAK and if i ever get CCW i will use a mak. i could easily say it is more reliable than any auto you name. i would trust my life with that gun

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have decided on the .38 special snub nose hammerless Taurus.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds like a good choice to me. I wish you the best as you familiarize yourself with and carry your new gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts