close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats the Best Red dot/scope to use??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Anthony, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Anthony

Anthony G&G Newbie

I own a Buschy M4 clone. It is a A3 cong. w/ removable upper handle. I mainly use it for plinking out to 100-200yrds.
    But here is the thing I have a 48mm BSA red dot mounted on top of the handle , its not a bad sight but it has just a single red dot
    and you have to have that dot right in the center of the of the lens or you wont it a 10" gong at 100yrd.
    is there better Dots out there that have a better protection? I seen EOtech holographic Diffraction Sights Which is "heads up display" which keeps the dot center regardless of shooting anle or head position..Cost $300. I don't want to go to a high power scope cause I dont use the gun for that . Basically I'm looking for a better red dot then what I have. Any suggestions?? Also I dont want to speed 400-900 bucks..(picky,picky)

Thanks Anthony

2. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

I think its over your price limit but I've been looking at Aimpoint. They have a new model out that has tritium for amibent lighting of the sights in case the batteries go TaTs-up. This can be seen in any light with or without the battery. The reason I've not bought one is I was reluctant to rely on batteries that always fail when you need them. I sure someone knows aimpoints website and also check out ACOG they make the one for US Forces.

3. Indy

Indy G&G Newbie

I have a Aimpoint on a ruger 22 pistol, another Aimpoint on a Contender 35Rem, and a Bushnelll Holosight on my AR15. The AR has competition sights, but I remove the handle and either install the Holosight or a MilDot Scope. I like all of the electronics but the Holosight is a lot of fun up to 200 meters. The range where I shoot has lights for night shooting, and the Holosight helps to find your target. As you may assume the Contender must be checked to insure the mount stays tight.
    Indy

4. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

my earlier post was incorrect - Trijicon is the maker of the new sight called the Tripower. They also make the military ACOG sight.
    rooster

5. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    If you've got the scratch, go for the Aimpoint Comp series or the EOtech. They are majorly rugged, and the Spec. forces use the Aimpoints, alomg w/ other types

Kinda look like this::p

Attached Files:

6. Anthony

Anthony G&G Newbie

Whats with the location???

In the picture M14nut has on his reply. Whats the reason fo mounting the red dot like that. In front of your carring handle??

7. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    Allows you to use the irons THRU the sight and not change your sight pic. If the dot fails, you've got the irons w/o peeping thru the carry handle groove. Allows both eyes OPEN sighting: still have periferal vis. in a tactical situation.:assult:

8. carl

carl G&G Newbie

i'm an oldie , i still use the armson oeg.
    keep both eyes open, day or night superimposes red dot in your vision,
    no batteries, tritium powered, great battle sight.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I like the ATN Ultrasight. That is the sight on my DE .50AE that was in the picture I posted in the gun room. I like the crosshair reticle with the circle. The ACOG sight is also very good and does not use batteries. It is only good for rifles though; at long eye relief it gets pretty dim.

10. polarisgod

polarisgod G&G Newbie

I've used several "inexpensive" red dot sights,and found them to be adaquit. And so when a friend convinced me to buy an Aimpoint Comp/M, I was very sceptical. But imediatly the difference was CLEAR, I had spent my money WELL! Just watch Ashley Banfield on TV, most of the special forces people she reports about have them mounted on their M-4's. You WON'T be sorry!!!!!