Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Hey Guys--

I know that this is an old post, but after reading all of these threads in this one, is it worth all of the trouble, time, waiting, and maybe some possible disapointment to get a Garand thru CMP? It just seems to me that there are other sources out there that one can persue to achieve this. Bear with these questions, Im new. It just seems as a newbie the CMP system is somewhat frustrating for an individual to go thru. If I am mistaken please correct me. I got my Garand from Tony Giacobbe. He has excellant rack grade models for $550. Why not go to a guy like him and get the rifle in four days as oppossed to 6weeks to 2 months for a rifle that maybe substandard?

Ltcboy

·
Banned
548 Posts
I think that your still taking a risk with the CMP, at least if you go to somebody private you know what your getting. Stock Doc is the type of guy that enjoys restoring the rifles to like new military issue, I dont have that talent. Therefore I am willing to pay a premium for a rifle that may cost $100 or $200 more than the CMP. What you get is what you pay for. I wouldnt want to attemp to do what Stock Doc does because I know it would look mediochre.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.