Whats the value of my model 1100 3' mag. Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ArkansasHunter, Mar 23, 2009.

1. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

My wife bought me a Remington model 1100 12ga. 3'' magnum shotgun with 30'' ribbed barrel over 30 years ago.
    The gun looks new because I never wanted to take it out and scratch or ding it up.

The wood is very dark with excellent grain with the forearm and butt stock matching perfectly.

Here's the question... What's it worth ? Though it's not for sale or will it ever be sold.

If someone has a book to look it up I'd appreciate it. Thank you ...A.H

I just noticed at the top 3 ft. magnum I meant 3 inch ROFL !!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. nra_guns_winner

nra_guns_winner G&G Newbie

Try GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction thats my blue book, well almost. That stock most likely was sold in different grades, one being very glossy. So watch for that when your on gun broker. Once their on the home page select shotguns, then the next page in the top left will be another button for semi auto click it. Now your in the ball park, at the next page type in 1100 and start reading and flipping pages find one like yours. Now keep in mind here if no one is bidding on it, well it may be over priced, or just has several days left before that auction ends. Another web site I like is cabela's on their home page at the left click on gun library. On the next screen that comes up type in 1100. Tonight they had 10 for sale. Well hope this helps, My blue book is being borrowed by a friend who's currently in Iraq, and its two years old.

3. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I don't want an old friend to think I ignored you so I will post what the blue book has on a M1100 even tho I think it is incomplete:The only 12ga 3" listed:Model 1100 magnum Duck Gun-similar to 1100,in 12 (disc. 1987)or 20 3" chamber,recoil pad,VR became standard 1984,Rem Chokes became standard 1987,mfg.1963-88. 100% $400.,98%,$325.,95%,$280.,90%,$260. Subtract $40. if without vr. Subtract $45. if without Rem Choke.I don't have the book handy but other models were chambered in 3" and had the "M" suffix on the serial #. The Special Field runs $510.at 100% and the Classic Field is $675. at 100%.These were great guns but required frequent gas chamber rebuilds as I recall.I also recall the magnums had two gas ports instead of one and required special seals.Someone can correct this if I am wrong but I don't think I am.Please post what they run at the auctions. sam.

4. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

Sambo when I went to the auction place I didn't find but a few model 1100 12ga. 3" magnums.
    The one I own has a 30" full choke barrel , From what I saw and read the gun is worth 475 to 600 dollars.
    It apparently is a gloss model which is interesting.

Thanks all for your post...A.H

5. deadzero

deadzero G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

hold onto it because the new M1100's start at $899.00 and go up to $1,299.00. if you want to pay less it would have to be an 11-87. Remington still makes the M1100, but it is a top end item if you go with a new one.

6. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

They were always a 'top end item' in my book. sam.

7. paul bruce binkley

paul bruce binkley G&G Newbie

Recently i had a remington 1100 3 inch mag , engraved reciever , drilled compenensated vent rib barrel , checkered stocks , stolen from my home , its like new condition, what is it worth ? Trapper Bruce

8. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad Forum Contributor

old A.H. miss ya feller!

SUBMOA likes this.
  9. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Don't you mean what "was" it worth?

Kad Skirata likes this.
  10. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad Forum Contributor

11. Kad Skirata

Kad Skirata G&G Evangelist

Minneapolis, AKA: The liberal pit of Sarlacc
    Indeed. Especially when that gangbanger, or meth head chops the barrel and stock for a stickup gun. :eek:

12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Any older 1100 should be worth plenty!!! Look at the price of a new one! Enough to cause a stroke. Never heard of recalls with our old SH**

Kad Skirata likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted