Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much the question. How much, to you guys, would be too much if it were pristine and unused?

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
$200 is fair .in reality they are worth more than that . they wouldnt be cheap if they were made today thats for sure!

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Any amount of money is too much for an SKS :D

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dwarren, a yugo or a chin-com either one. Billy, thanks for your input. They other 2, *ignored* :)

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,354 Posts
As to the topic, it depends on how serious a "collector" you are, and the particulars of the gun. I want a good shooter, first and foremost. That means I'll balk at paying more than say, $250 tops. Most any good SKS draws that price down here in the gunshops and shows. If I were after a particular early Russian or something, I'd expect to pay more.
If you find a good one for less than two bills, you done good!

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
some folks just dont like milsurps. ive got a safe full of em.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I will be editing unrelevent material shortly.

SKS prices are up again, and $200 is a fair price for an unissued Yugo SKS. Mechanically that's a great deal.

Expect to pay a good bit bore for a Chinese or a Russian. Russian and Yugo would be my recommendations, with my preference being towards Yugo for the economy. I wouldn't think it unrealistic for an unissued Russian to go for $400.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seen an unissued Yugo SKS on one site for $350 and another site that had it for $199. There is a gun shop here that has a Chinese SKS for $199 (I don't know the condition) and a paratrooper version for about $250.

I have been looking around for as pristine of a Yugo as I can get so I can use the other one to back it up, though it did come from Century and some of the parts are warrantied. If I can find one locally I won't have to order it which will be plus. Thanks for the input guys and thanks for any continued input. :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I paid $175 about a year ago for a Norinco, it was in very good condition. It has been pretty accurate so far, less than 3 MOA with Wolf HP. I think it is better than my Yugo's.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I find that accuracy, after being sighted, is dependant on the condition and rifling of the barrel. Then the question would be which one is more accurate when they are as close as PRISTINE in contition as one could get one. :feedback:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts