Whats wrong with this story

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jimkim, May 24, 2008.

1. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

I would look at the trailer hitch. And another thing,why were they hauling a locomotive on a trailer?

2. Thats what I was thinking. Why didn't they just hook it to a train and drive it or tow it up.

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Muuuust have been one tough truck....

4. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Believe it or not, it's not that uncommon with older railcars. Often they aren't mechanically sound enough to pull down the tracks. A lot of these old railcars end up being purchased by individuals for use as restaurants, bars, or other tourist traps and they have to be transported by truck due to the logistics and final destination.

5. bellx1

bellx1 G&G Newbie

i'm not sure, but couldn't the locomotive have been put on one of the train cars that the big containers ore carried on?

6. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey, Bellx1, how ya doin'? Hadn't seen ya on in awhile, and been meaning to ask, how did you like the pics of our part of Ok.? We didn't get any turnaders here, though they hit north of us, and tore up a dying town. And I think I'd stay off the street if they're hauling trains on trucks!

7. From what I understand this particular engine was still working. It was going to be put to work.