Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I was carrying a high-end benchmade for a while. Then I bought a blemish Manix II spyderco during the online sale last last year. It’s noticeably superior. The S110V steel is fantastic and takes an edge that’s superior to anything else I’ve seen. It holds that edge shockingly well; I use it to open appliance boxes and don’t worry about having to sharpen it afterwards. I do touch it up after abusing it, but it’s fantastic.
I chipped the blade recently abusing it, but sharpened it out. I’ll buy another one once I lose or wreck this one, even if I have to pay full price.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I do keep a Sheffield brand multi tool on my belt in a leather case with a small flashlight attached plus a small NRA jackknife in my right front pocket. Many years ago I was at a baseball game watching my grandson play on a muddy field. After the game I handed him one of my knives to clean his cleats. I also handed two other knives to his friends. One made a comment about that and my grandson said "Poppa always has several knives on him".

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I keep some shared time between these two Kershaw Dividends. One has a composite blade made from CPM D2 tool steel (at the cutting edge) and Bohler N690 (along the upper sides) the other is a stainless-steel blade.
Knife Hunting knife Utility knife Blade Tool

Plant Wood Utility knife Hunting knife Everyday carry

Reactions: NRAJOE and mouser9

·
Registered
547 Posts
Spyderco Endura 4 Combo w/ blackout blade.

·
<------------<<<-
4,437 Posts
I split duty between my custom M4 Benchmade mini-grip (super awesome non-stainless steel) and a Spyderco Delica 4. I also carry an old Klein three blade at work for stripping cable and big wire.

Here’s the grip. The blade used to be all black, but I had to cut through old fiberglass ceiling tiles (the building was remodeled as our JC Penny’s back in the 50’s, now it’s a small science museum). Those tiles stripped all the coating off by the 5th tile, or so.

Utility knife Hunting knife Everyday carry Tool Knife

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
376 Posts
I have a Leatherman tool knife on my right hip, a Swiss Army Knife in my left front pocket and a Gerber clip knife in my right rear pocket. I also have a small 12" Gerber machete and a full size machete I acquired in Central America years ago, unknown brand, probably homemade, that I carry in my truck at all times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
BM 940. It's been my every working day carry for the last few years. I hated giving in to the "imafantoo" until I actually had it in my hand, and pocket. It does all I need to to do on a working daily basis. The Mediator, just for show. That one rarely gets brought out. Got it just 'cause it was similar weight and size to the 940, and the price could not be beat.

Material property Composite material Tool Bumper Electric blue

I have to say, if the Mediator had not been an auto, I would have passed on it altogether. The 940 grip is just long enough for my pinky to be able to hold the clip while flicking the blade open. The mediator is just so slightly smaller that I couldn't do that manually.

I have a Foray that I truly love, it's the most solid well built great steel folder that fits well in Dickie's or a well turned out dinner ensemble, and I carried it for quite some time, but the pivot must stay loose enough for gravity or easy wrist flick opening - can't hold on to it and use my thumb to flick it open. The Foray and Stryker compliment each other well, finesse and brawn.

Tool Knife Everyday carry Blade Composite material

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blade shape for different uses and steel mean a lot to me.
Means my wallet pocket gets lighter!!!!

When I find one lacking, and then I casually keep an eye open for a "better, different" pattern, and I find one I think to give a try, then it becomes tough to let the previous one, two or four go, y'know? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha!!! tell me about it. Been there lately. Trying to build a "quality not quantity" collection lately. Tough to try and stay at my under $100 limit these days but Buck and Sog do offer some decent quality for around that price range. just waitin in those new fixed blade versions of the Sog aegis and Trident along with a Benchmade maybe. Hey Father's Day is coming so maybe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
These have been known to come along from time to time. I don't really have a "rotation", I am quite opposed to change. I like to keep what works, how ever "lessthanoptimal" it may be, thus, I procrastinate trying something new. If that works, I procrastinate again letting previous items go to another life. Such a burden.

Rectangle Purple Luggage and bags Bag Material property

Knife Tool Everyday carry Utility knife Material property

And then there is this Case - fits perfectly in the fifth pocket and tactile enough to stay put until needed. That Proper will slide right on out given the opportunity, that's why he and his brother got slips to go in.

Vision care Eyewear Everyday carry Sunglasses Bag

1 - 20 of 31 Posts