close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your favorite 22lr.

Discussion in '.22/rimfire' started by marlin795 man, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Sounds like a nice 22!

Welcome to G&G!

2. 10Magnums

10Magnums G&G Newbie

I have around 25 22LR guns. Long guns and handguns. Remington, Ruger, Stevens, Sears, Smith Wesson, Dan Wesson, Kimber, Beretta, Colt, High Standard, Winchester, and Browning. Might have even missed a few LOL. An old model 68 Winchester single shot rifle and a Sportking High Standard pistol. These would be my favorite. Probably shoot better with some of the others but these two have the most memories attached to them

ChaZam likes this.

3. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

Sometimes I am in the mood for a gun type, lever, pump, auto or bolt.

Winchester 9422 lever
    Rossi 62 pump, copy of Winchester 62
    Winchester 490 Auto
    CZ 452 Bolt

Gun Types.jpg

cjleete, neophyte, jwrauch and 5 others like this.
  4. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

^^^^Dan22, very nice collection you have there.

Dan22, neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  5. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

My answer is the one I have in my hands at the moment.

MoDoc and neophyte like this.
  6. bobski

bobski G&G Evangelist

bar none.....the Winchester model 54 type 2.

Cyrano and neophyte like this.
  7. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    I liked the look of your Win 490 Auto so much that I went out and bought one today. I won't be able to shoot it until the weekend, but they sure are handsome rifles.

Dan22 and neophyte like this.
  8. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My favorite 22LRs are my bull barrel 10-22 and my Ruger Standard Model pistol !!

neophyte likes this.
  9. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    My favorites would be the model 1906 Winchester that was my dads and my brother now has. We grew up shooting that beauty. And my Henry lever action 22lr.
    I also have a Savage .22/410 over under I enjoy. And a heritage rough rider .22lr/.22 mg combo. Plus an H&R 676 but I only have the mag cylinder. And unfortunately a Jennings J-22 UGHHHH!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    neophyte likes this.
  10. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    After careful consideration I’m going to go with my Stevens model 11 jr. No one messed with it; it’s all original (mostly, I had some springs replaced last year) and completely functional. Its age, size, accuracy, and the rolling block action make it a neat little shooter.

my1871colt45 likes this.
  11. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Did you know the 490 had a recall? Mine has a star or asterisk stamp after the serial number. I was looking to figure out why when I came across the recall data.

http://www.survivalprimer.com/PaulsGuns/490WinchesterRecall.htm

Dan22 likes this.
  12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The summer before I reported to the Academy, I was the rifle instructor at a summer camp for poor little rich kids. We had four of those Model 54s. I only allowed the real shooters among the kids to shoot them; I felt they needed to prove themselves with the lesser rifles before getting their hands on the real target rifles.

cjleete, Dan22 and austinjoe13 like this.
  13. My favorite .22Lr is my MЦ-12, it is a Soviet made .22LR dated 1961...shoots ragged holes
    MЦ-12.jpg

Dutch and cjleete like this.