close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's Your Favorite Burger

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Wicked109, Aug 12, 2017.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Why is my last post underlined? Wasn't supposed to be.

2. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Cause yer special!

Ten Man and Jaison like this.

3. I lied when I said any burger I don't have to cook myself. There's one burger I love above all else...a flame grilled burger stuffed with blue cheese, topped with more blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a bit of Hellmann's mayo to cut just a tiny little bit of the tang of the blue cheese.

PAPA G and Jaison like this.
  4. They do make the best burger I ever had.
    I don't need weird exotic crap on my burger to make it special.
    Just a bare bones burger made with top of the line ingredients and cooked to perfection.

chris l, PAPA G, Wicked109 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

My favorite burger is a flame grilled bacon, mushroom, cheeseburger with lettuce, pickles, tomato, grilled onion, and mustard. MESSY AND DELICIOUS!!

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

My late Dad used to make a burger with chopped Vidalia Onions mixed into the ground beef before making the patties.
    There used to be a type of red "hamburger relish" sold in the store that had ketchup mixed in with it. Good stuff! Can't seem to find it anymore.
    That was a mighty fine burger.

PAPA G, 870shooter1 and Ten Man like this.
  7. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Laws! That sounds delicious. Might have to accidentally make one tomorrow for supper.

PAPA G and ncnascarlady like this.
  8. If you're really feeling like getting fancy, try it with Brie and minus the mayo.

PAPA G and Jaison like this.
  9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Have you had your gall bladder removed? If not, it is probably non-functional. The reason I say that is because of your previous descriptions of GI troubles. Eating something like the burger you describe, without a functioning Gall Bladder will definitely cause GI distress.

10. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Well, yeah! Look at the obnoxious cheese in it! Ya can't taste the meat with all that gunk in it! Ugh!

LMAO!

big shrek likes this.
  11. Actually, I have had my Gall Bladder removed. It was 15+ years ago, and my GI problems have only started recently. I had a blue cheese burger back in May and was just fine with it. As recently as mid June I was able to eat just about anything I wanted.

Not everyone has problems with what they eat just because they've had their Gall Bladder removed. Sometimes it's caused by prescriptions or a combination of them. Sometimes it's a random thing. According to my last CT scan, my Pancreatitis is completely cleared up. Now it's a matter of finding out what caused it so I don't do that again.

12. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

They DO have trouble with HIGH FAT content foods, if they have no gall bladder or bile supplements.

13. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hands down we have some local burger joints here that are much better than any of the national Big Chain places like Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Burger King, or Carl's Jr. My top 3 favorite places here in the valley or probably Burger time here in Meridian 5 minutes from my house, Westside Drive In (Chef Lou's place) in Boise and Bad Boy Burgers also in Boise. Then again Rocky's restaurant & Rockies burgers, Patty's Burger time, the Viking Drive In and the goldenvwheel A&W which are all in Boise and Roe-Ann's drive in in Emmette ID. Are right up there as well but the funny thing is is that all of these places are 50's style drive-ins, now that's awesome

870shooter1 and PAPA G like this.
  14. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My daughter sent me this picture a while back. She said it was awsome. Bacon wrapped Venison burger , 2 1/2 hr off the smoker. I've had one since, they are pretty tasty! Snapchat-1411526388.jpg

15. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I always preferred a local eatary over national chains. But seems the folk owners are drifting out of business.:(

Wicked109, Big Dog, Jaison and 2 others like this.
  16. minkowski1552

minkowski1552 G&G Evangelist

In, Osage City, we have a Sonic which is horrible. In Topeka we have a lot more selection but not many good places are good. For Burgers I mostly enjoy my own. I'd like to try Whataburger sometime though.

Wicked109, Jaison and 870shooter1 like this.
  17. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I waited in line at the whatburger in Waco Tx. for about 20 minutes.
    does that count?
    never got my burger.
    I don't remember where I went but i was too hungry and tired to wait another 20.
    I had been on the road for about 14 hours non-stop all I wanted was food shower sleep.

I'm fine with about any burger that isn't burned, or 1/8" thick as long as it has cheese, pepper, ketchup and maybe some onions on it.
    now if you have a crappy bun I won't be back for another.

Jaison and 870shooter1 like this.
  18. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    As a child, there was a local shop/grill called Ralph's. This was back in the days when eating out was a treat.

Ralph made the best cheeseburgers in the history of cheeseburgers. Just the right amount of grease and whatever was left on the flat grill.

His cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickles all came from local farms.

This was also when a Coke was real and had enough real sugar to get ice cold without freezing.

It was a great time just sitting there at the bar stool with my Dad eating the world's best burger and drinking the world's best soda.

Then again, maybe it was just the company.

19. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I have a Sonic near me, but have never tried it.
    I also have Subway and Firehouse nearby, for more varied sandwich options.
    There's a couple other burger places across town that I haven't tried yet.....
    Red Robin.
    Smash Burger.
    Both get mixed reviews, and cater more to the college set.

20. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Runfiverun, from my experiences with the whataburger chain , you didn't miss much. There is a Whataburger in Russellville Ar. That is not affiliated with the chain, That is pretty good . I won't say excellent but pretty good. Don't order a large fry unless you are feeding a family, (serious ) .

Jaison likes this.