Whats your weather like?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Dec 5, 2016.

1. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    It's raining bathtubs not rain drops here started sometime before sunup, if you can see the sun and has only gotten heavier.
    Everytime I put off mowing the lawn this happens. Going to get a good workout with the mower once this dries out.

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  2. Weather Bug chirped with a severe thunderstorm warning about 3 minutes ago and if the radar is right it's gonna be a rough ride for a bit.

I'm going to bed. That way if the power goes out I won't care.

neophyte likes this.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

In the summer I shoot most days near Medicine Bow Butte. We go up to the meadows which are 8,000'. Our high at the house is 7,000' it gets up to 85 degrees. That is too warm.:D

4. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Weather couldn't make up it's mind today. I started out cleaning up the tree litter, then it started clouding up, thundering & a light rain. I decided to go in before it go too bad. The driveways had just gotten wet when it stopped. Sun came out & looked like it was drying up.

Took a few minutes, but I finally talked myself into trying again, but before I could get the stuff outta the shop, it started all over again, so I gave up.:rolleyes:

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  5. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Stinkin' hot. 85ºF today and muggy. Hope we get some rain tonight.

neophyte likes this.
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Yesterday was 94* miserable whew
    Today expected 88* and may be some rain from ISAISS storm this afternoon

Rocky7 likes this.
  7. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

A couple of days ago central Florida was looking at a possible Hurricane.
    Then the storm wobbled some and the weather went to a tropical storm and maybe
    strong wind.
    As luck would have it, I got almost nothing to speak of. I`m about 30 miles west of Daytona beach. They didn`t get much. When I say "much" I mean in the way of damage.
    It ended up being a dry run for things to come. I`m prepared. Now it`s a waiting
    game.

Today days weather.......91. Hot and sticky.

Rocky7, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  8. All show and no go last night but there's a better chance today. I'll believe it when I get wet.

neophyte likes this.
  9. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Sort of tornado-ish. Sky has that angry dark grey and black look.

10. neophyte

We had about 30minuets rain. Good quality type :)
    Saturating:)

Rocky7, Jaison and rando like this.
  11. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Craig I hope you dont get any of that mess and wind. Its clouding up here by the water and will hit here soon it looks like. I hope we don't get much rain or wind. Had enough of these bad off the wall storms lately.

neophyte, Jaison and mauser9 like this.
  12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

13 days of super heat and humidity herein Ma. Tuesday suppose to get rain finally and gusty winds from the storm but at night. Water temp at the beach is at 78. Been spending 2-3 days a week in Westport at the shore. Should be some decent waves tomorrow. Just sittin here checking out new knives and waitin for the next Stimulus check if they can agree on the other stuff. About it for now. Gotta head to R.I. so I can grab a carton of menthol Newports. Banned since June 1 in shi**y Ma.

neophyte likes this.
  13. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

Welp, it's just summer here in SW floriduh. 88° ^ high, 78° ^ low, humudity high 90's, rain has been a bit sparse, usual late afternoon showers and thunder boomers mostly absent. All the wind, forecast from the big storm, missed us, just adding to the high "feels like" temps. (well over a hundred most afternoons)

Stupid City council wants us to wear a mask on the beach, very few do. Most of our local elected officials will be job hunting this fall...

RED

Ten Man, Dannyboy53, rando and 2 others like this.
  14. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

SNOW!!
    Of course it snowed today, as full blown moose hunting season just started...
    Too **** early for this crap!

K75RT, jerry, Rocky7 and 4 others like this.
  15. First few days of spring. Kinda warm today. Rain coming, the birds told me. We are supposed to be in a La Nina, so it could be a wet spring.

jerry, Rocky7, neophyte and 1 other person like this.
  16. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

We finally got some rain! :) Only had .8" for all of August! Got 5.7" total for Tuesday & Wednesday! Still overcast like we might get even more. Dog has been running a marathon, up & down the hall, barking at the thunder, for 2 days!:(

Rocky7, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  17. neophyte

whew: finally a cooling. 72* 7:39am. High 82* high
    Cloudy and relief for the next few days

18. Taking the weekend off from doing the census. The weather is going to be gorgeous so we're going to work on the tree today, and move Mom's stuff out of our store room and into her own tomorrow then get back to work on the tree for a bit. Sunday evening I'll be parked watching the race in Darlington, enjoying a bowl full of shrimp.

Not sure what we're doing Monday, it'll depend on how we feel. I'm thinking it's going to be a much needed lazy day.

19. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

The rain is over for a few days I hope. The weather man says we are more than 15" over the normal for the year. Everything is soaked, but it looks like the AG crops are doing good. The corn fields next to my hunting woods is almost ready to harvest.
    It looks like it's going to be an early fall around here. My temp gauge says it's 56° outside but we are still at 85% humidity, it was supposed to drop, I wonder what happened. It's supposed to get to 82° today, it may make it if the clouds stay away.

20. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    We are having a sunny, BEAUTIFUL DAY, today. The high is supposed to be only 82F, and the Humidity is only supposed to be 75%, with light breezes. We are FINALLY starting to get some cooler temps. than what we had all July and August.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020