Whats your weather like?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Dec 5, 2016.

1. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    44F with moderate rain and flood warnings out for the low lands.

neophyte likes this.
  2. The wind is picking up and so is the rain. It's gonna be a long day...

neophyte likes this.

3. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Ice storm report. They call it the earliest and maybe worst in history, at least in our area. The temp is just above freezing but it will take a while for the ice to melt.

Here in central Oklahoma we are on day 3 running the generator. 316,000 houses without power 3 minutes ago, 7,700 in the small rural power company that serves my area. We worked all day yesterday cutting trees, lost many and have massive limbs hanging everywhere. They say the 316K houses serve about 1.2 million people, in a state of 3.9 million, so lots of people in bad shape. In my area there are 3 power companies that serve the area, but it is dark as far as you can see in any direction. Fortunately we have generators so we have power, heat and all that.

neophyte likes this.
  4. 43 degrees and been raining since Tuesday supposed to rain all day and tonight a frozen mix...we need the rain, frozen mix we can do without...

neophyte likes this.
  5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

wind whipping-leaves twirling- trees flopping-lights flickers:)
    72* cloudy drizzles :)

K75RT likes this.
  6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

0900 and still dark out, 8 degrees, and snowing lightly. Temperature gonna drop to -15 later today.
    I am ready for spring in another seven months. :(

neophyte and K75RT like this.
  7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Been raining at least a week. Two inches last night and the creek has gone from lazy pools to full to the banks and raging over night.

neophyte likes this.
  8. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Still no power here in Oklahoma, 3 days now, however sun is shining and temp is nearly 50. Cutting trees and dragging them away 2 days now. Still about 310,000 households still out of power. Fun Fun Fun.

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Cold rain here, changing over to an inch or so of snow by tomorrow sometime,then to mixed crap i guess.

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Typical October wx.

Light Snow Fog/Mist
    19°F

Windchill -7°F
    Humidity

96%

Wind Speed
    E 18 mph
    Barometer
    30.04 in (1017.1 mb)
    Dewpoint
    18°F (-8°C)
    Visibility
    5.00 mi
    Wind Chill
    4°F (-16°C)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    neophyte likes this.
  11. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Temps in the low 40s with rain or threat of rain since last Thursday. Total for the week only 2.4", but ground is staying wet because of no sun & little wind. Thankfully, I got leaves & pine straw picked up & burned just before it hit, 'cause this is bringing down a lot more!:( If sun was to come out strong today, it'd still take a week for it to dry out enough to get rid of it!

Not complaining though, gives me a good excuse to stay inside, warm, but mainly 'cause you all are having a rougher time of it!

neophyte likes this.
  12. graybeard

graybeard G&G Evangelist

The rain has ended = 2.5". Might well get our first freeze this weekend. Not ready for the winter, had a good garden this year, and still getting beans and tomatoes. Potatoes and carrots are all that will be left if the freeze comes through. But do have the woodpile stacked, got the woodstove and chimney cleaned, and replaced the woodstove door and window gaskets.

Jaison, neophyte and Jack Ryan like this.
  13. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Yep, it's that time of the year. Overnight lows below freezing and afternoon highs somewhere between 40-60° and the Sunshine can be quite deceiving and it's best to err on the side of caution and Gear Up in layers..

Screenshot_20201029-163609.png Screenshot_20201029-084316.png Screenshot_20201029-084235.png

graybeard and neophyte like this.
  14. Now that Zeta is good, it looks like I've got a 7 to 10 day stretch of at least mostly sunny, mid to upper 60 degree days and cool to downright chilly nights. Perfect for getting yardwork done, trees cut up, running a log splitter and stacking seasoned wood on the porch for the winter.

15. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

neighbor to the westerly “ncnascarlady”; maybe we will start enjoying fall fun weather :)

now 63* sunny with windows open :) glorious start for any day :)

ncnascarlady and graybeard like this.
  16. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Today we got overcast, winds, and a high of 52F.

graybeard and neophyte like this.
  17. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

We have had snow and cold since Labor Day. The weather is giving us a break now, with 2 days of 50 degrees.

graybeard likes this.
  18. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Overcast and cold enough that we are getting big fat snowflakes, but the blizzard PWB was panicked about has not materialized. Nothing is sticking to the ground; it's just soggy with wet leaves on the streets and roads. To my way of thinking, wet leaves are more dangerous than glare ice because they can clog your tire treads.

I think I'll stay home today instead of going out to get the new phones that came in at the local AT&T Store, where we have gotten our phones for the past 20 years. Saturday here is supposed to be dry and clear, perfect for getting phones and sending off the latest batch of "Christmas in October" boxes.

ncnascarlady, graybeard and neophyte like this.
  19. Started snowing about 8am not really sticking to the roads but it is sticking on grass we have about 2 inches

neophyte likes this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Sun's out!! Just a bit windy, so maybe things will start drying out. I'll try to get the pine cones, etc, that I don't want going thru the chute on my bagger, picked up & see what it looks like tomorrow,:)

neophyte, ncnascarlady and graybeard like this.