close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When I was in the Army...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Firemedic, Mar 16, 2002.

1. I was issued a Singer sewing machine 1911 (I also had an M-79 grenade launcher) , but alas, the First Sergeant would not allow me to pack it up and take it home.:p

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Wouldn't let you take the 1911,or the bloop gun?

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well I met a gentleman not too long ago who had a Singer 1911, had been sitting in his fathers drawer for about 50 years now, he said he went a little crazy and took all he could, LoL, he sold the Singer for about 20,000 dollars just about 2 months ago.

you give your life for the country and they can't give you a firearm they are about to cut in half.

4. Nope, Top was really adament about it! It hax a wierd s/n on ot if I remember. It's been a while but I think the S/N started with an X or XM and a short number.

HHT 14 Armored Cav.

I liked carrying the Blooper 'cause I could lock it in my track on alerts and just carry the .45 in the field.

5. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

When I was in the Army, on different occasions I've carried the Singer and a Remington Rand versions of the 45.

6. My first intro to the world of M-1911s was with an Ithaca I was issued while in the Alabama National Guard. Even after all the years and rounds fired, it was a sweet piece!:cool: