Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the quality hierachy of vintage scopes, where do the Bushnell Sportview (Korea) scopes fall? I recently picked up a new-in-box gloss 3-9x32 and a gloss 4-12x38(40)for cheap, both made in Korea. They appear to be well made and the image quality seems comparable to the vintage Redfield 3-9 and also the Bausch & Lomb Balvar B 2.5 - 8 that I purchased a while back.

The Sportviews were reasonably priced and I wanted these gloss vintage, smaller objective scopes for the period correct look on late '70's/early '80's rifles. The image through the scope looks even a bit sharper than some modern Bushnell Banner scopes I own.

I read someone describing them as cheap scopes that came on "package deal" rifles of the period. I had one modern rifle bundle with a no-name "Remington branded" scope that was truly a throw-away, but the Bushnell Sportviews seem to be much better quality.

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
26,130 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with that scope, but I bet your assessment of it being comparable to the similar B&L and Redfield of that era would most likely be accurate.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Heard about the same. Lower end of the Bushnell line but should hold zero. Trust it over others for sure. My XLT 3x9 has proven good and was around a $150 scope with rebate. Only one I saw self destruct was a Simmons which came on a friends Savage 110 I believe. Lenses blew completely out of it the second time he fired the gun. Would have not believed it if I had not been there myself.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a 3-9x45 Sportview on a Savage 110 I inherited when my Dad passed away. He bought both in 1988 and the glass is clear and sharp, still on the settings he used and is very accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts