close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

where is Dewman?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Anyone seen the Dewman yet on here

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Some people still see the old site, and thus they can not see this unless they get the link we posted on the old site. Jesse can not see the new site when he goes to gunandgame.com and we are working on the domain issues, so Dewmna might just be thinking no one is there and has abonded him ;(

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Not a Problem

There are links all over the most active forums on the Old Site... including the Gun Room. I personally installed them yesterday afternoon/ last night not to leave anyone behind. Anyone seeing the old site will find this site easily. Hopefully this "domain/server link" will be rectified by Monday.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2002
  4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Thought it was too peaceful here ...

5. Who knows, he might be lurking around under an assumed name. I don't think he was to hep on all the current and up-coming changes. He might be just 'looking' around undercover.
    I hope I'm not putting untrue words in his mouth.....just an impression I got. I could be wrong.

6. Robert

Robert Member

Dewman is Alive and Well

Some of us have received mail from him. Apparently he has joined Lars and headed for parts unknown and on to other things. I cant say as I blame him. This has all been a bit much. Maybe if and when things settle down some we could have a Celebrity Appearance from him. Who knows? The Spring Northwest Rendezvoux is still scheduled as planned and there will be a link for those interested. Spring has been trying to pop out and I am sure Dewman is happy and doing more outdoors lately and doing things that he is better suited for than sitting at one of these stupid computers.

7. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    I think Dewman is just out there trying another of his Looonnng shots that he has made famous.

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    its too bad dewman hasnt showed up yet, he definately helps keep things interesting!

9. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Robert is right I got mail from Dew I thing he went down the road
    **** Shame

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yup, Dewman sent me an Eamil too, and even said some nice things. Hope he comes back to visit.

11. I had trouble the last 2 days getting logged on this site. It was hanging up on a referral to register. Might have happened to other folks also. But there again I ain't no computer genius.

12. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    the dewman must of took his pickled eggs and headed for the hills!!!t

13. Jim Angelica

Jim Angelica G&G Newbie

This is really a difficult site to follow a thread. The old one( which was not better just different) made it easier to see what was going on and to reply directly to a message from someone else.

I may not be using this thing properly though. So far I have seen Klaus , Wes, Robert and Shawn. Thats a far cry from the old crowd.

14. Robert

Robert Member

Dewman...This is the way I see it...

He is the missing link. If we can get him to come back, some of the old timers will follow suit. Otherwise, most of us will drift away. It will be all new people on here. A bunch of young bucks without the wisdom of the grandfathers. That's OK. They can learn from their mistakes. That's what they have to do anyway, since young bucks cant be told anything anyway. We'll just have to see what happens. Maybe those of us that have Dewey's E-Mail can write to him and coax him into trying. I am positive that he checks in from time to time to see what is going on. He just dosent say anything.

15. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Big Chief Dewman go surf web, maybe not come back for many moons. Go to Rendevous and make big medicine.

Me go smokem peace pipe with Big Chief and make good trade, watch for smoke signals on distant hills. Watch river flow, not make big ripples in water.

16. Jim Angelica

Jim Angelica G&G Newbie

Are there any other sites that are set up in the fashion of the old site we used to play on? I don't want to appear as an old fuddy, but the old format was a lot easier to use and you could jump in anywhere you wanted when you wanted. You could easily see who was already involved and what answers to questions that had already been given.

Basically i liked that format and would prefer to play on something that was easier to deal with than this site. If you know of any, I would appreciate hearing from you.

17. Robert

Robert Member

Ben P/ Come on over, I'll smoke that Peace Pipe with you.

Goodone.

18. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I've gotten several E-mails from Dewman and he's doing fine, he's gone to another site. E-mail me if you want to contact him.

19. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

The Rimfire Central is the same format as the old site.

20. Our Friend Dewman

Personally, I will miss Dewman and his input of interesting posts and his humor. From his entries and e-mail I formed the opinion that he is a pretty good person. I can say the same for all those I've met here. I know of no time that anyone on this site has given me reason to dislike him or her. I found Dewman to be an enjoyable part of this thing that some of us take a little too seriously. This is supposed to be a fun thing. Let's have some fun.:D Has anyone ever been hit by a rubber bullet? Do they hurt?