close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where oh where

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tony @ WCG, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    Where are all those Marlin fans? All the lever and 22 Marlin shooters?

2. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

I have a 39a made in 1941. Can I put that little hammer lever thing on it for scope use and not hurt the value of my rifle? -UR.

3. bgl0b6

bgl0b6 G&G Newbie

I dont think a 39A was drilled and tapped in 1941 at the factory,if your gun is drilled,chances are the value damage has been done.If is not drilled for a scope,by all means you will strongly affect the value of it to drill it for a scope....MIKE

4. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

I bought it about '88 or '89 and it already had a scope mount on it with a 4x Weaver scope(I was told the scope date was '52) in a see through mount on the left side of the BBL not the receiver. I had someone at a gun show offer me double my purchase price in cash when I told him it was made in '41. -UR.

5. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    The newer hammer extention should fit. I recently worked on a very early 39A and from what I remember the hammer spur was shaped about the same as the newer ones. The 39A I worked on had a barrel mounted scope mount that was installed in the 1950's. Although it de-valued it, the scope was "period correct" so wasn't quite so bad.

6. Double D

Double D G&G Newbie

SOCAL
    Tony all the Marlin fans are at Marlin Talk. Marlinfirearms.com/marlintalk/forums. Great site great people, great guns.

7. dabbler

dabbler Guest

The hammer spur extension fits on snug and by tightening a very small allen screw,it won't come off or (probably)hurt the value of the gun.

8. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

i'll talk marlin. i own two, actually came into possesion of them in the last year. i bought a 1894s in .44 mag. to use as a brush gun in NW Wisconsin for deer season, haven't had a chance to use it but am looking forward to it. it is a good shooter. i have run about 200 round through it and am happy. i just got a model 25N for plinking with and am extremely happy. put a simmons on it and can hit excellent groups at 50 yards (haven't tried 100 yet).

9. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I have got a guide gun 45-70govt, and yes I am usually on the marlintalk website.