close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where's Everybody At

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by alan c., May 27, 2002.

1. I figured with a national holiday there would be more posters out here. If you are at a memorial for our sevice people then I forgive you. But if you are in the back yard having a barbecue, then why wasn't I invited???:cheer:

Last edited: May 27, 2002
  2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY ALAN, I AM A VET AND I HAVE TO WORK A 12 HR SHIFT TONIGHT 6P-6A ! BUT AT 3O DOLLARS AN HOUR IT WON'T HURT TOO BAD... JUST GOT OFF AT 6A TODAY. ITS USUALLY MY DAY OFF BUT ON HOLIDAYS 24 HR COVERAGE IS NEEDED! HAVE FUN EVERYONE! :( :drink:

3. I bet I know where Klaus is at -- the SHOOTING RANGE.
    Happy Memorial Day Klaus.:target:

4. NRAJOE--You are almost as old as myself. Man you should get some shut eye before your shift.

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ive been on call all weekend...got some shooting time in sunday..worked last night (people calling off)...managed to get all my long guns cleaned...hopefully get the pistols done tonight.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Me and my shootin' buddy were at the range, shooting M1 Garands and M1 Carbines with three good ol' Korean War vets. Actually, we probably did far more swapping of war stories than flinging of lead, but a great time was had by all. Good friends and good guns. What could be a better way to celebrate this holiday?

7. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I was at the range killin paper

8. Man I envy you guys I was on the computer most of the day and for fun I mowed the yard.

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

That's the price of having fun

Found time to go fishing. Hadn't gone for over a year so crawled though the weeds over the dam and cast away. Had three fish (one 16" bass and two large glue gill) on my stringer before I found out that it was a "catch and release day" from my son in law who had invited me to fish with him.

That saved me from stinking up his kitchen cleaning them. Fish stories were really being told later about how big his fish were. I know the size of mine because I laid them on a tape measure I keep in my tackle box. Of course he estimated his were a little longer. (ha) Got home and only found about half a dozen chiggers biting into me. Hxll, that's the price of having fun.

My other son in law, who was with us, too, ended up in the hospital emergency room to remove a treble hook embedded in his thumb. (Dam...that had to hurt.!) Found out that he always keeps his extra lures in his pockets. Doesn't like to carry a tackle box. Now that's an accident waiting to happen.

Had fun and only lost one of my favorite lures.
    Oxford :nod:

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well I wish I had a better range out near me, but I have to say I spent it working ona building a new computer, and I raised my USA Flag at about 6 AM, and had a small BBQ at my brother's, it was good stuff.

But, just like to say Thank you to all the Vets, and still serving forces as well.

11. Ok guys I know everybody had someting to do on Memorial day.
    What was your day like.