Which 30-30 would you get?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nc.hunter, May 5, 2008.

Which 30-30 would you get?

Poll closed May 20, 2008.
  1. Mossberg 464 lever action 30-30

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Marlin 336W lever action 30-30

37 vote(s)
    92.5%
  1. nc.hunter

nc.hunter Guest

Hey guys here are two very good looking 30-30's and neither are really expensive, so which rifle do you choose?

2. Lng Rng

Lng Rng G&G Newbie

You can't go wrong with a Marlin lever.

3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Marlin is the only way to go

4. Hands down, the Marlin. The one I had seemed to have a meat radar, couldn't miss if I tried.

5. I have one, a Marlin bought about 30 sum odd years ago darn good rifle, havent missed a deer with it yet! oh yeah, iron sights only

6. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Marlin all the way.

I've been using mine for the past few years during deer season, and now with the new Hornady Ballistic Tip 30-30 ammo, I'll be using it for a lot longer.

I've got a fixed power 3x scope mounted on mine.

7. Marlin all the way. Mine has an old Williams peep sight on it. That's ok right? Cyrille.Lol
    I know mine didn't feel right with a scope on it. Didn't look right either.

8. Don357

Don357 G&G Evangelist

I had a Mossberg 30/30, Very nice rifle, but, the Marlin with the "micro-groove" barrel is more accurate.

9. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

10. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Evangelist

HENRY LEVER ACTION 30/30

11. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

i saw the title and I thought the Poll would compare the Winchester 94 to the Marlin 336.

I was surprised to see Mossberg on here, I think Winchester is more comp for the Marlin.

I myself was wanting to buy a Winchester 94 for the longest time. My friend had one, and I borrowed it for a day of shooting cans. The top eject got on my nerves quickly, and when I bought the Marlin 336 I fell in love. It is hands down the best affordable .30-30.

12. The Mossberg is to new, though I wish them success with there new leveraction 30-30. If I were buying a 30-30 it would be a Marlin.
    I'ved owned 2 of them and I wish I had kept my first one because it was my first centerfire rifle when I was a kid.

Lastly there a pleasure to carry and they fit me perfectly and I own a Marlin in another caliber...A.H

13. Henry .30/30 Lever action but I wouldn't knock Marlin or Mossberg both nice guns.

14. turner

turner Guest

I believe I'd go a tad higher and snatch up a Marlin .308MX. It's performance in a traditional lever gun is unequaled in other traditional lever rifles, other than the big bore levers.

15. The Marlin. BTW, the Henry's have more problems over the long run. I shoot SASS and every shoot a Henry breaks down.

16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I have the Winchester 94...but would like to have a Marlin, too.

17. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

since i shoot cast bullets it will be the mossburg, unless i find a 94or64 first.

18. my winchester 94 is all the gun i need.....you can find them in pawn shops for around 299 or less