Which Bushnell Scope?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by huntingfan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. huntingfan

huntingfan G&G Newbie

I'm looking for a scope to put on my savage edge camo .308 and I found these two scopes at the store. Are they basically the same scope just different magnifications? I'ld like to here what you guys would have to say about these cost efficent scopes. I will most likely sight this scope in standard at 100yards.

Bushnell Banner 3-9x40mm camo[​IMG]

Bushnell Banner 4-12x40mm

[​IMG]

2. I haven't tried the Bushnell Banner before. I did have a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy on my Stevens 200 .243 though. It was great but I'm letting my dad use it on his 30-06. I paid $100 for it at Fleet Farm, not sure if you have one of those where you live. Its a great scope though, you should look into it.

3. huffmanite

huffmanite G&G Evangelist

Of the two you've listed, I'd prefer the 4-12 Banner, which I guess will cost you around $100 (+ tax) since you mentioned "at the store." Guess the camo 3x9 is about $10 less. Base these guesses for what Optics Planet sells them. I just like the little extra magnification of the 4-12, but at the distance you mentioned shooting, the 3X9 is OK too. If you are going to just be shooting the rifle at range targets and do little hunting, then maybe you'd want a scope with more powerful magnification to see the bullet holes more clearly in a 100 yard target.

If you can order over the internet....suggest if you want a Bushnell....then shop around for one of the discontinued Trophy series Bushnell scopes, which is a better scope than the Banner. For example: Natchez Shooters Supply has a discontinued trophy DOA 3x9 for $70. (guess you need to add around $15 shipping for it).