Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well things are lining up nicely so far. I found a FFL holder at a farm supply 3 miles up there road. I'd have never guessed he was there lol. So, I don't have the money to buy it, but a friend is gonna spot me for it so I can get one before the price goes up again. my question is, which online company is best to order from? Right now looks like the cheapest places are J&G Sales, AIM, and Classic Arms. Each one is $70. AIM includes a couple small tools that probably won't do much good, but the other two don't have them so that doesn't matter as much as shipping charges, customer service, and getting the best condition rifle possible at that price. I'm just going for a simple round receiver 91/30. Thanks.:feedback:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I bought mine from j&g and would again .. shipping to missouri was 15 bucks

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
J&G has some nice firearms in general. I get up therre about twice a year. It would be more often but they are closed on Sunday. Luckily this weekend they usually have a booth at the local gun show here in Phoenix as well.

Prescott is the kind of town where folks still wear a sidearm. Probably along with a CCW for the backup piece. So you know where you stand.:smirk:

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Very nice. Thanks guys! One other question about J&G. Do I have to register as a customer to order? I they pop the form up when I go to checkout so I assume I do, but I'd like to avoid it if possible. Also would like to know the whole ordering procedure since I have to tell a friend what all to do because he's gonna look into it tomorrow morning when I won't be around. I'll be at another friend's house putting his AK-47 bullpup together:scool:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
Depending on where you live in South Carolina, it might pay you to buy from Classic Arms; they are just over the NC - SC border. They work with a guy named Eric (nice guy; I've met him), aka "The Gunslinger" who has a FFL and acts as their agent for face to face sales. Here is the procedure.

You buy a firearm or ammo from Classic Arms and pay them. They consign it to Eric. You pick it up from him, pay him the tranfer fee of $15 (which from my point of view is VERY reasonable; up here the cheapest transfer fee is $30 and $50 is the usual) and take your gun home with you. It might be cheaper than shipping to a local FFL and paying him the transfer fee.

You could also take a look at I.O. Inc., which is southeast of Charlotte. Here's a link to their site:

curio and relic firearms, ak rifles, nagant revolvers, snipers, m44 m38 mosins, mausers

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
^Very nice. Thanks guys! One other question about J&G. Do I have to register as a customer to order? I they pop the form up when I go to checkout so I assume I do, but I'd like to avoid it if possible. Also would like to know the whole ordering procedure since I have to tell a friend what all to do because he's gonna look into it tomorrow morning when I won't be around. I'll be at another friend's house putting his AK-47 bullpup together:scool:
just pick up the phone and order it!! phone orders take prority over internet orders at most of the dealers ..
I would look into classic and I.O. seeing as how your in SC I hove bought from both , I.O> was great and the problem with classic was remideed. I ended up with a 91x30 ex sniper :)
If you dont have a CR I would go with classic and pickit up. I have talked to gunslinger and he wont cheat you

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem there is, I live about 3 hours drive from Charlotte. The cost to drive that far will outweigh the cost to ship it, I think. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to be able to drive there and pick it up. But with the distance it isn't really economical. I think I'll just get a copy of the nearest FFL. One of my brothers ordered a rifle through him and said to start with the FFL didn't want to charge anything but my brother gave him a $20 anyway and was given $10 back, so...I'm thinking the transfer fee will be $15 tops, maybe $10 again. That would be nice. How much would shipping be from J&G or Classic to get it down here? I'm kinda between Columbia and Charleston, SC.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The problem there is, I live about 3 hours drive from Charlotte. The cost to drive that far will outweigh the cost to ship it, I think. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to be able to drive there and pick it up. But with the distance it isn't really economical. I think I'll just get a copy of the nearest FFL. One of my brothers ordered a rifle through him and said to start with the FFL didn't want to charge anything but my brother gave him a $20 anyway and was given $10 back, so...I'm thinking the transfer fee will be $15 tops, maybe $10 again. That would be nice. How much would shipping be from J&G or Classic to get it down here? I'm kinda between Columbia and Charleston, SC.
Call them and ask!!!!!! and if your brother ordered thro J&G they already have the FFL for your guy on file
If not your FFL will have to send a copy to J&G .. check with J&G and with I.O. A simple phone call answers a lot of questions we cant answer on here

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I can get a copy of his FFL and fax it from my home to J&G and it'll work, right? If so I think that's the way I'll go.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Now I can get a copy of his FFL and fax it from my home to J&G and it'll work, right? If so I think that's the way I'll go.
Like I said I would call and find out!!

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Just bought aM1895 from IO, and an M44 laminated from J&G. I'm happy with both of them.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Get your dealer 3miles away to FAX a signed copy of his FFL to J&G or whoecer. He can also fax the order at same time with appropriate credit card #s, I believe. Your FFL should the procedures. Call him.
AIM has ammo for your new rifle too.

Then he, your dealer should not let you to have copy of HIS FFL license. But order can be on your credit card.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Get your dealer 3miles away to FAX a signed copy of his FFL to J&G or whoecer. He can also fax the order at same time with appropriate credit card #s, I believe. Your FFL should the procedures. Call him.
AIM has ammo for your new rifle too.
So does J&G.:)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Just bought aM1895 from IO, and an M44 laminated from J&G. I'm happy with both of them.
Have had excellent service and delivery from both of these supliers:)

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep

jmp, once you get the Mosin, let us know the condition and a range report.

Absolutely! I decided to wait a week pending calls. None of the companies are open on Saturdays lol. So I'll give them a call and hopefully get it all sorted out and it be ordered by next this time next week. I'm excited! :D:D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you plan on owning more than 1 C&R rifle by all means get an 03-FFL. It will save you a ton of hassle down the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts