close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which is better?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oddbawl, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Given a choice, which is the better manufacturer of Garands, IHC or HRA with respect to quality- finish etc? I've found a place that has one of each, they both need a little work. Any opinions?

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

HRA for finish by far but as to who shoots better I have heard bad on both. My HRA is ok but not as good as my SA's and the HRA has a good muzzle. Rick B

3. HRA is generally a better finished rifle. I tend to like the HRA rifles a bit better than others. Although you can not ignore the passage of time since it was made. Maybe the IHC has been better treated over the years?
    High serial number Springfields are easy one the eyes.

4. I just got over to the place that had them to take a look. "needs a little work" is definitely a relative term over the phone! They were imported from South Vietnam, and one looked like it was stored at the bottom of a river, and the other had absolutely no rifling in the barrel. I was almost in tears looking at the muzzles, they must have used a piece of re-bar and a mallet for a cleaning rod! Ah well, the hunt continues...

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

What was the asking price? I may want one and I'll redo it if price is right. Thanks,,Rick B

6. They're going for $239 Canadian, but you can't import one to the US, sorry, my friend already tried and apparently you can't reimport US GOV't issue firearms.

7. Oddbawl;

If you are looking for a shooter, try Marstar. Last time I looked on their website that had Baretta and Breda M1s for less than those two you mentioned and thay are from the Danish forces. When they come they are heavily packed in cosmoline. Good luck.

8. Thanks, I'll look into it, the fit and finish on the Italians is awesome.