close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which is the better gun, the PPQ or the P99?

Discussion in 'Walther' started by Ballbearing, May 20, 2012.

1. Ballbearing

Ballbearing G&G Evangelist

They both look so similar, and have such similar features, they both come in the same calibers, the only differences I can see by looking at Walther's 2012 catalog is A: The PPQ has shorter trigger travel and B: The PPQ has serrations on the front of the slide and the P99 does not. Does anyone know which pistol is the best of the two, and why?

2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

From my very limited experiences with one,

The PPQ has an awesome trigger, especially for a striker fired gun.

I think it is a "better" P99 and so far pretty under rated or not well known or more people would buy one.

3. Ballbearing

Ballbearing G&G Evangelist

Thanks.

4. PK380

PK380 G&G Newbie

PPQ, poor availability!

Not prepare at all...

5. Zebraranger

Zebraranger G&G Regular

I have shot, but haven't owned the PPQ, but I thinks Its hard to improve on perfection. Old thread, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. With my limited exposure to the PPQ, I wouldn't knock it out of the running, but this is my experience with the P99. I've had this first generation P99 .40 for about 15 years and its by far the most accurate and superior functioning striker fired handgun that I have owned or ever fired. Its never had any failures and just continues to function as it should. In 2000 it was clearly a design ahead of its time. For its first few years, it was the worlds best kept secret in semi autos. Its ergonomics are as perfect as it gets. The AS trigger version is short, light and buttery smooth (almost scary) and I couldn't imagine anything better, which is why I still have it after all these years.

All that being said, I've never really been a big polymer handgun fan as I still prefer steel handguns, but I've had and have my share. My handgun collection is currently at about 70% steel 30% polymer. I've had a couple of Glocks come and go over the years (good guns just not my cup of tea) a couple of Ruger SR's, a Sig P320, S&W M&P and I'd still like to have a FNS-9. So based on the long flawless track record that I've experienced with the P99, and comparing it to the other quality polymers that I've owned or own, I'd highly recommend it for anyone on the hunt for their next quality, accurate and reliable polymer handgun. A pic of my first Gen P99 and also a good video link that explains the Anti Stress trigger.
    [​IMG]