Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking into buying a Sako rifle mainly a 300 Win Mag. Would like to someday get drawn for an elk hunt and would like to be able to hunt with one of the best rifles. :)

My question is what is the difference between the models? A7's, 85, 75, the older Fenbears,... Which model is the best and why?

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Mmmmm,

when dealing with a very, very high end firm like SAKO I am not so certain a real difference exists between models if you mean overall quality.

I feel the 85 is a wonderful rifle and it would be my choice. However, do not take this to be put down of the other models.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I kinda worder that a little off. I ment to ask, what sets each model apart from the other?

From my understanding the 85 took the 75's place? the 85 has a restyled stock not much other difference.

And I think the A7 is the lower quality if there is such a thing. lol! comparable to the Tikka T3?

So for a gun that is going to be reliable for a lifetime, one that I can be pround to pass along, and hold it resale value...which one should I look for?

·
Super Moderator
11,533 Posts
The older A series and Finnbears all had a two lug bolt. Same as most guns.
The mod 75 has a 3 lug bolt. The Mod 85 has the 3 lug bolt, but has been slightly converted to be a controlled round feed. (CRF) All the older Sako's, while they may have looked like CRF actions, (due to the larger than normal ejector catch that also is an anti bind device) are actually push feed (pf) actions. Any of these can be loaded up side down and in nearly any position, but CRF has made a comeback.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts