Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to pick one Mossberg Semi-auto shotgun for all around use which would it be?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Dallas I just bought a mossberg 930 semi-auto shotgun and I like it.
The one I have is the 24'' barrel BLK/syn. turkey model.
This shotgun has ported barrel. A redesigned receiver that has good looks.
It comes with quality stamped steel things to change the butt stock to fit you. It has a solid steel button on the side to aid in unloading.
Depending on what model you buy you'll get a fist full of choke tubes.
The ventalated rib is so much better than my 3 Remingtons.
The trigger breaks clean.
BUT I've only shot 2 rounds of Win. 6 shot through it in my back yard.
I did notice though the cycle was FAST and I recovered fast for the 2nd shot. The 930 is for 2 & 3/4 to 3'' mag only.
As far I can tell Mossberg's got an affordable winner that is going to hurt the competition big time...A.H

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, did you check out the 935 by any chance?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Yes I sure did, but it's not what i wanted for me. The 835 pump and 935 semi-auto both are chambered for 3 and 3 1/2 mags. I've read where some have successfuly shot 2 & 3/4 through them so you might get lucky.
These 2 shotguns have 10 ga. bore barrels ( overbore) though they are 12 ga, I suppose if your a waterfouler mainly or turkey hunter then spring for one BUT I feel the one I bought is more universal to these.
I've done a lot of research on all these guns and I feel the 835 pump will be probmatic to you.
I was actually gonna buy a New 535 ATS pump turkey shotgun and still may do it, those rock to me and the BLK/SYN 22'' barrel only weighted 6lbs and they shoot 2&3/4 to 3& 1/2 mags hey hey a shoulder killer !!..lol.. Check these out at Mossberg I promise you'll enjoy what you see.
I wished I would of shot my shotgun more to tell you if it feeds nd shoots straight but I have'nt. But I shor like mine !! A.H

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a model 500 with an 18 and 1/2 inch barrel and a vented 26 inch barrel. What I'm looking for is a general purpose semi auto.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Then please check out the Mossberg 930 blk/syn 28'' barrel model.

Dallas the dealer cost in my area on the model I bought is $ 356.00 so use that figure as a price point when you negociate with your dealer.

A guy i went to school with was going to sell it to me for 20 dollars over his cost but his supplier didn't have it in inventory. His cost was 356 dollars.
Another dealer quoted me 388 dollars but had the same problem as the othe other guy.
I went out of town and found a dealer who could get it from some outfit in Minnaplos. MN. He met WalMarts price of 413 dollars plus 14 dollars shipping so I had them order it. Picked it up 3 days later.
I honest beleive you'll like it, so go see if you can find one where you live.
Bass Pro was selling the BLK/SYN 28'' barrell 2 months ago for 388 dollars.
A.H

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello everyone again.... been a while...
Had to add .. I have been looking for an auto laoder, myself. I have done about 2 months research and have decided on the Mossberg 930. I really don't plan on doing geese, so no 935. Turkey, maybe, but the 3" shells out now give plenty of umph! Planning on getting the Synthetic combo 28"field and 24"rifled. Anyone have any experience with the rifled barrel? Accuracy etc?
For the price and all the reviews, it seems you can't beat it for a dollar to quality value.

See you all round!

Papa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts