• bow and arrow

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • blackpowder rifle

Votes: 15 53.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Definitely bow & arrow it's more challenging and ammo is generally reusable. I guess i'm kinda cheap like that.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,174 Posts
Iv'e used both.
Bow is more of an adreniline rush.
The BP was cap and ball BTW. Some don't consider it primitive albeit it was around longer than flinters.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess it would all depend on what bow and arrow or what bp rifle. If you were truly going primitive, I would say the bow and arrow. And when i say bow and arrow I mean the non-compound type with a wooden arrow like "the indians" used. An old flint-lock rifle or the kind that used the smoldering string would be interesting though.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
My preference is the rifle. Either a flintlock or caplock. Don't like inlines, too much of a traditionalist. MS. now allows scopes on bp rifles. Why the F**K have a primitive weapon season if you're going to allow all this modern S**T!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I hate bows, always smacking my forearm....

burd1959 said:
some reason i cant hit anything with bow so bp or starve
me too.;) I would really like to get a flintlock. Had a caplock, but I would like somthing a little more traditional.:nod:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
untill arthritis hit me this year, i'd say a bow and arrow is the only way to go. now i am a non primitive weapons hunter. i also dont consider most off these inline, scoped things they sell as primitive.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Bow and arrow...........much more skill needed to be successful. Equipement
used in the "early" days........very crude. More stealth required to accomplish
mission. long gun would have been easy pickens compared to the B/A. IMO.

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have killed deer with traditional archery tackle, but I prefer to hunt them with a flintlock rifle...With a well tuned lock, the flintlock is actually faster than a percussion cap, because the flash hole goes straight into the barrel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
While in-line muzzleloaders have introduced black powder hunting to a bunch of new people, which a good thing, I think that an in-line is kinda cheatin'. I personaly shoot a .50 cal flintlock using 405 gr. patched balls, and while I can't shoot at anything much past 75 yards or so, that's the way I like it. There is something about the smell of burnt black powder on a crisp, cold autumn morining. I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts