• 357 Rem Mag/38 Special

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 44 Rem Mag/44 Special or 45 Colt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 32 Auto/7.65 Browning or 7.62x25mm Tokarev

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 22 rimfire (LR or WMR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other rimless cartridge (presumably semi-auto)

• Other rimmed cartridge (presumably revolver)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is not about opinions, let's keep that to other threads. This is not about what you WOULD carry IF you did. This is for those of us who DO carry concealed and have a primary sidearm. Just looking to see what folks actually do carry amidst the plethora of opinions.

I've tried to group together cartridges of similar power, similar parent case, or interchangeable use.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
My dad carries 9x18 Makarov. I chose 9x18 because that is what i will carry concealed. How hard is it to get a concealed permit now adays? Is the shooting course difficult?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CCW permits (or lack of a need for them) are a matter of state and local laws. I thought we'd established that your county in PRK wasn't likely to give any.

There are states that have "shall issue" laws and states that have "maybe issue if we feel like it" laws. PA for example is Shall Issue, that means that unless there is a reason you can't carry, they must by law issue you a permit to carry. I went to the county courthouse, filled out the same form I would for a handgun purchase in this state, paid a $19 fee, and walked out of there with a permit to carry.

Other Shall Issue states require you to pass some sort of test.

Another matter is reciprocity. Certain states will recognize the carry permits issued by other states, both resident and non-resident permits. There was an article some time ago about how to most efficiently cover as many states as you could by getting your state's permit and non-resident permits for other states.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
here you pay for a preliminary test and course, about 100 bucks.You cant carry unless you complete the course, by the way 380 bersa thunder. dang im getting old I use corbon + p it will rock you

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carry two different calibers, depending on circumstances. First choice is .40 S&W, which is how I voted, but sometimes carry my second choice weapon, which is 9mm.
eljay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Although I voted 9mm, it would in fact depend on my surroundings at the time and the time of year (what am I wearing). I carry 9mm-.40S&W-.45ACP

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Primarily .45 ACP and 9 X 18 Mak depending on the weather and what clothes I wear.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
45ACP 1911 Springfield Mil-spec loaded with black talons and silver tips. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
BattleRifleG3 said:
I went to the county courthouse, filled out the same form I would for a handgun purchase in this state, paid a $19 fee, and walked out of there with a permit to carry.
:insane:
WOW! That's a good CCW law. Here in ARK, you have to pay the state about $250 after paying for your class so your looking at about $300 total.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guess I'm weird but when I carry it,s 7.62 x 25 . Sometimes .22 Iknow it's not one you can buy ammo for anyplace , but I can hit what I aim at and it is a slim pistol with a very high velocity .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts