Which Shooter

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: My supervisor wants to buy an SKS for less than $200...He wants me to buy one too...quantity discount... Which one ? :eek: :fuss: :nod: :assult:

2. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

Aim Surplus has Yugo's for a good price.

Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS 7.62x39 Rifle
    FREE SHIPPING IN THE 48 STATES! ON ALL YUGO SKS RIFLES!
    Beautiful Bores! This C&R Eligible Rifle Features milled Steel components, gas shut-off valve on the gas cylinder, and integral Grenade Launcher fitted to the Bbl. The wood on these Rifles is Beautiful!

Like New Condition $169.95ea

Excellent Condition $129.95ea

Very good Condition $109.95ea (Bright Bore, Nice wood!)

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

That sounds like a good price for those conditions. www.centerfiresystems.com has their shooters for $100, and if you buy one you get lower prices on ammo and accessories with it, like a compact 4x scope and good mount together for $20, and 1k rounds of ammo for $70.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

What about the Albanians ?

5. Albanians are good people.

The Russian SKS was once considered the cream of the crop.

Yugoslavia has put out some of the better guns (the M48 is an outstanding example) and I've heard great things about the Yugo......am considering an unissued (or is that rearsenaled?) one, myself.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I love my Yugo SKS!

With a scope and a bipod, I call it my "Poorman's M1A".

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

The Albanians are going for $269.95 grade 1, $229.95 grade 2, $199.95 grade 3. A little more than he wanted to spend, although they also have non- matching serialized for $229.95 grade 1, $199.95 grade 2, $159.95 grade 3...but why settle? : www.aimsurplus.com

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Do the Yugoslavians have chrome lined bores ?

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

No, they don't. If you get the unissued or excellent one, it'll be mirror clean anyway. Even the dark bores can be accurate - mine does 1.5" groups at 100 yards with UMC commercial ammo. Just clean it as usual, no problem.

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2002
  11. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

threaded barrels...

over pinned would be nice...milled & machined over stamped would be nice too..:p not likely for my price range though...:assult: