Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Remington 1187

Votes: 6 37.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am wanting to buy a new semi-auto 20 gauge that is light and has very little recoil. I need all the opinions i can get. Please give me all the info you have on these guns. I am considering getting the Benelli Montefeltro, the Farnchi 720, the Beretta AL391 Urika, the Browning Field hunter, the Franchi 48AL, and the Remington 1187. Which one is more reliable and which the best gun? Which has the least kick?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
When in doubt, go with the one with the fewest moving parts (less to go wrong)......from your list I would choose the Benelli Montefeltro

But If you don't mind me making a suggestion, you might want to look at the Stoeger Model 2000. Its almost exactly the same as the Benelli but at half the price.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
For a 20ga semi-auto, you CANNOT beat the value of a Saiga-20. Based on the highly reliable AK-100 action and offered in a classic sporter stock. Used to be they could be had below $200. Nowadays, $250 is a fair price. If the synth furniture, offends, I make wooden Saiga furniture.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Anyone that starts with a "B" in your list would be just fine. I also have a 1187 in 12 ga that I like pretty well. It does fine so long as you keep it clean (very).

G

·
SilverRun said:
It does fine so long as you keep it clean (very).
not having any experience with that I've long been curious about the Remington...how much does the Beretta cost
nowadays ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts