Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my sks's and would not trade them for the world. I keep reading about the #56 and #26 stamps on them. Out of all the stamps which ones are the more desirable ones? I guess I have never really paid that much attention to the numbers before. I know I have one with the #26 on it but have no idea what the others are. About how many different stamps are there? Thanks:poke:

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Where is this stamp you speak of? Don't see 26 or 56. Is this on the Yugos the Norincos or other? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are only on the chinese noricos I believe.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Nothing like that on either of my Russians or my Yugo.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
yeah its only on the norincos, theres a little number inside a triangle that represents what factory it was made in.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
As I understand it, Factory 26 was the primary SKS producer for the Chinese Army.
Many others were local factories producing for their provincial police and border guards. Some are common, some very rarely seen. Some new marks are still showing up occasionally.

Here's the rundown on Chinese factory codes . . .

WWW.SIMONOV.NET - CHINESE FACTORY CODE CHART

·
Registered
737 Posts
The Chinese are the only SKS rifles to have the factory code on them. Factory /26\ was the first arms factory in China set up with Russian tooling and advisor's to produce the type 56 SKS rifles. Factory 26 made all the SKS rifle for the military. This is my /26\ 1965 all milled receiver and trigger group type 56.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks as far as I could tell it had never been in service, bluing was perfect throughout the rifle inside and out, no scratches at all. All the internals show no signs of wear and everything has very sharp edges. I gave $225 for it and it shoots like a dream with the irons at 50 Yds in the back yard range.

5 shot group at 50 Yds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts