Gun and Game Forum banner

While looking through the You-Tube Selections

Hi-Point 
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  PaleHawkDown 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a couple of Hi Points, a 995TS and a C9. So I'm still indoctrinating myself as to their strengths and weaknesses. So far I've found that there is little ammo they will not digest, they are as accurate and reliable as the rest of my nines and yes, they cost less than the rest. Do they have flaws? Yes. Do they have the best warranty on this planet? Yes. That being said, and with all things considered, and IMHO, they are excellent entry level centerfire firearms.

So during my ongoing quest for info on Hi Points, I ran across these two videos, both Hi Point fails:

What happened on the firing line is any one's guess. The shooter doesn't mention whether the ammo was factory or handloads. I don't think his still pics jive with his narrative.

He speaks about a blown cartridge and says a live cartridge was fed into the exploded cartridge at 1:03. The pic looks as though a petaled cartridge is stuffed with a live round yet the head sorta looks intact. IDK, maybe it is separated.

At 2:26, there are several pieces shown, the offending mag(?), two rounds(one mashed a bit), a separated case head, some exploded brass fragment, two primer cups and an anvil(?) ... Where'd the extra primer come from?

I tried to see if my Hi Points would fire out of battery. I stuck drill bits between the extractor claws and the claw recess, then pulled the triggers on a snap cap. First I tried a small pistol primer (.120") like he did, but to no avail. Largest gap out of battery I got the carbine to fire with was a 3/32'' or a .094'' gap, and largest gap for the C9 to fire with was 5/64'' or .079".

One thing I noticed that seems suspect, is the protruding firing pin at 1:03. I don't see how the bullet could clear the barrel, but I don't remembering him mentioning that either. And one other thing, what's holding the bolt back in the first photo? At least Hi Point fixed his carbine as good as new.

The second video is the final step in the total destruction of a C9. Pretty stupid even if it was a free pistol. It would make as much sense if you poured lighter fluid on $150 and lit it on fire. But they did prove it was a tough pistol.

Yee-hoo!! Death of a Hi Point!! Yee-Haw!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Kinda reminds me of that idiot self-styled 'engineer' who was on here a couple years back, proudly crowing about destroying several perfectly good CZ-52 pistols using purposeful massively overcharged handloads to 'prove' some kind of 'dangerous fault' with the guns. Guy seriously needed to be bitch-slapped.

#4 ·
Kinda reminds me of that idiot self-styled 'engineer' who was on here a couple years back, proudly crowing about destroying several perfectly good CZ-52 pistols using purposeful massively overcharged handloads to 'prove' some kind of 'dangerous fault' with the guns. Guy seriously needed to be bitch-slapped.
I remember that. We all gave him such a royal welcome that I think he disappeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.