Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When sexual assaults started rising in Orlando, Fla., in 1986, police officers noticed women were arming themselves, so they launched a firearms safety course for them. Over the next 12 months, sexual assaults plummeted by 88 percent, burglaries fell by 25 percent and not one of the 2,500 women who took the course fired a gun in a confrontation. And that, says a new brief submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court by police officers and prosecutors in a controversial gun-ban dispute, is why gun ownership is important and should be available to individuals in the United States.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
GG Reporter sir, you are coming up with some awesome information. Nice job.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
This is precisely the kind of hard statistic I use when attempting to convince wavering antigunners that gun control harms American and does not help them. Now, if such information will similarly convince the Supreme Court that it is a fraud perpetrated on The People by the nanny-staters, perhaps we can move America back toward the kind of society the Framers meant America to be.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Guys, I'm 99% sure that GGReporter is Chris using that name to post firearm news from NRA and such.

Just take a look at the profile... totally different from any other profile and when I checked it, only I and Chris had looked at that profile.

·
Registered
899 Posts
This is something else to consider as well. I recall the FBI releasing a report refering to the decline in violent crime as CCW became more and more popular, this chart reflects it. I dont recall when EXACTLY CCW got rolling but I do recal it being around 1990.United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2006

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Personally whomever the GG Reporter is, he/she is doing a great job and giving us some good information.As A.H. said, having a mystery reporter at G&G is rather neat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts