close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who knew???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Arizona, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arizona

Arizona Guest

Anyone remember the thread entitled: Abomination? Check this out. Read the whole thing.

Latent homosexuality can be defined as homosexual arousal which the individual is either unaware of or dent. Psychoanalysts use the concept of repressed or latent homosexuality to explain the emotional malaise and irrational attitudes displayed by some individuals who feel guilty about their erotic interests and struggle to deny and repress homosexual impulses. In fact, West stated, 'when placed in a situation that threatens to excite their own unwanted homosexual thoughts, they overreact with panic or anger." Slaby ( 1994 ) contended that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex oriented, but it usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have difficulty integrating their homosexual feelings or activity. The relationship between homophobia and latent homosexuality has not been empirically investigated and is one of the purposes of the present study.

Specifically, the present study was designed to investigate whether homophobic men show more sexual arousal to homosexual cues than nonhomophobic men as suggested by psychoanalytic theory. . . .

The results of this study indicate that individuals who score in the homophobic range and admit negative affect toward homosexuality demonstrate significant sexual arousal to male homosexual erotic stimuli.

After reading the above section, many of you will now succomb to this:

Main Entry: de·ni·al
    Pronunciation: di-'nI(-&)l, dE-
    Function: noun
    Date: 1528
    1 : refusal to satisfy a request or desire
    2 a (1) : refusal to admit the truth or reality (as of a statement or charge) (2) : assertion that an allegation is false b : refusal to acknowledge a person or a thing : DISAVOWAL
    3 : the opposing by the defendant of an allegation of the opposite party in a lawsuit
    4 : SELF-DENIAL
    5 : negation in logic
    6 : a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

And......What is your point?

3. Arizona

Arizona Guest

read...

the thread titled Abomination. Then read my post. It should all make sense.

4. Who cares--Lenny is that you? Man if I am wrong please forgive me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2002
  5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Oh behave big boy....now I got to paint the house pink..eat a hotdog (fott long) and get shoes to match the grips on my pistols...Im just feeling so laten.

6. Arizona-- that's a state isn't it?

7. Oh yeah. It all makes sense now. Yup, clear as a bell. You bet. I didnt understand a word of it. Maybe a homosexual would.

8. Some of our guys are from Arizona. Maybe you should try another name like Kalifornia. The speech would probably fit right in.

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    danged sappers! just not enough barbed wire and land mines in the world.

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

A sign of intelligence

A sign of intelligence is when a person says things in the simplest terms and as clearly as possible.

Now what the "he l l" is the is first post supposed to mean? Did I make myself clear and is this simple enough?
    :nod:

11. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Maybe Lenny,oops,Arizona,is trying to tell us something about himself.

12. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This is a gross topic, and personal attacks no matter how hidden the meaning even if it is in your username is acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.