Who makes the best AR-15 type rifle?

Discussion in 'AR15' started by Pumpkinheaver, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

Who makes the best AR for the money? Are there any I should stay away from?

2. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

I'd have to say Bushmaster. Colts are nice, but to me they have seen their better days during the "pre-ban" years. Colt is also NOT a pro-2nd Amt. rights company. Olympic is terrible. DPMS is a company I've heard good things about. They produce an all-stainless steel AR lower.
    Based on my experience, I'd have to go with Bushmaster. Good quality and customer service.

3. I have the bushmaster and the DPMs. I would say they are a dead heat but if I absolutely had to pick one, slight,slight slight edge to the Bushmaster.

4. Mike southers

Mike southers Guest

ArmaLites are good. Hesse sucks. Try the ArmaLite AR-180B if you just want a plinker.

5. M1rifleman

M1rifleman Guest

i got a colt preban and it has never ever jamed under any circumstance and its getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards with sierra 69 gr. heads and this gun is NOT and HBAR. and if yah load it with TAPs itcould be useful as home defense gun

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Olympic Sucks? How and why? I've heard nothing but good about them. Thought they were pro 2nd Amendment too.

7. ACTIONSBYRAK

ACTIONSBYRAK Guest

Bushmaster by far, the selling point is that they have chrome lined bores.
    We sell 3 to 1 on the bushmaster side.

RON KONTOWSKY

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

What does a basic "Bushy" go for Ron?

9. AR-tim

AR-tim Guest

Got a bushmaster, and I love it. I would say a basic bushy would go for around 700-850.....I am saying ballpark figures here....