Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next month, the Supreme Court of the United States is expected to hear oral arguments on the 32-year old law that restricts gun ownership in Washington, D.C. It will be the first time in nearly 70 years that the high court will hear a case on whether the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees an individual or a collective right to own firearms.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Hope they find it as the Founders meant it to be, an individual personal right.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
lol only politicians and movie stars should own guns lol!!! according to the 2nd ammendment we all have that right, If we do win i doubt if most convicted felons will be able to own firearms. tho

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Everyone should be allowed to own any amount of firearms. In fact, it should be a law that says you MUST own a firearm . As for felons owning guns, each instance should be reviewed for it's own merit.:rocketwhore:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think the liberal elite and politicians should be the only ones to own and carry firearms, they are the best educated and have much deeper insight on the heart beat of america???????

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
Hope they find it as the Founders meant it to be, an individual personal right.
+1

When you read the background writings of those who framed the Constitution, this is exactly what it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I think the liberal elite and politicians should be the only ones to own and carry firearms, they are the best educated and have much deeper insight on the heart beat of america???????
Say you're being sarcastic please, or someone may take your words seriously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to sound off like this,but it needs to be said:

And boy has the media been "prepping" our society for this review of our constitutional rights by the supreme court.They have engineered society in such a way that people who want to "be somebody" must become famous by their standards and thru their exposure.They have given licence to every person that feels like it to go and commit some horrid atrocity with firearms,just so they can have their place in pop culture by having their name posted nationally and even internationally.I belive one of these recent victims of media manipulation even said in his suicide note ...."now I'll be famous".
Who are the real criminals in this society?
As to "felons" with firearms,I belive the term "felon" was created to circumvent constitutional rights by denying people who have done,in many cases,nothing wholly serious or evil,the right to vote.If we cant call them "ni##$rs" and keep em from voting,we will find some other way for sure!
Seriously,we claim to be the most liberated country on earth yet we have the highest prison population in the world.
I dont think people who have done anything short of murder,rape,armed robbery and the like,crimes that involve serious injuries to innocent people,should ever see the inside of a jail cell,let alone prison.
And once scum of that caliber are incarcerated,let em rot there.Or execute them.Let the families of the victims decide.Hell,let the families of the victims do the execution if they want.Either way,people who really,seriously dont belong in society simply wont be here to deny them rights.
Everyone else in society should have the choice to excersize the amendments in the bill of rights as he or she sees fit,without government intrusion,special interest intervention,or the like.Just as President Washington himself would have it.
If someone isnt so evil as to need to be given a life sentence,they should be left alone,or dealt with by their immediate community.Some jerk off gets caught robbing your house,everyone on the block should just come out and whip his arse something feirce for violating the sanctity of their community.
This includes druggies.Hey,if you want to shoot up,its you youre hurting,and I'm tired of paying taxes to "keep them off the street" while recidivism from their taxpayer funded drug therapy classes is so darn high.
Bottom line:
Its our right to be who we want how we wanna be it and unless we are Charles Manson LEAVE US ALONE big brother!

On a further note,you folks should all buy good gun safes and put cameras on them and an alarm system in your home to keep the media patsies from getting your guns.
The weapons we dont have immediate control of need to be secured.
Its obvious the main stream commie media is up to no good again.
We do not need this crap right now,and we are all responsable for our own property!

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Article the Fourth:A well regulated milita,being necissary to the security of the state,the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Its almost funny to think that most courts in this country have misinterpreted this law to mean "you have a civic right to serve in the military while armed".
They have completly ignored the part that says,very clearly "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".And while this is very convienient for the government beurocrats who want us to "let them handle it",and for the spineless cowards who would rather hire a cop to do their work for them,this right,in all its glory,gives the responsability of the security of the free state to privatly armed citizens.Not the government or the police.This is what is meant by rights being responsability.
How else does a well regulated militia obtain arms other than by private ownership?The 4th amendment wasnt written as two seperate laws but as one law with one intent,to gaurantee that the people have the power of security of the state and the right to own arms to enforce it.
Not Big Brother.
The spirit of the Constitution of The United States intends to uphold the balance between the people and the government,with strong favor on the side of the people.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It should be manditory that everyone own a hand gun, shotgun or whatever they feel comfortable with. I've heard of some communities that everyone has to have a gun and the crime rate in those communities is very low or none at all. We are moving to a community north of San Angelo, Tx where the kids safely walk home from school, that's something you don't see anymore. How many here can say that about where they live?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Darn right,you catch someone in your community acting like a butt and you kick it for them.
Thats the original American way,community policing and neighbors who actually understand that in order for them to be safe,they must excersize responsability for the safety of their fellow neighbors-just as it says in "a well regulated militia,being necissary to the security of the state...."
The founding fathers never intended for the people to turn over this responsability to elected officials or police.And by the way things are in heavily policed neighborhoods,you can see the police system doesnt work better,in fact it is worse.The police cant keep you safe at night,its the gun in your bedside table and the one in your neighbors' that can.
Forget "gun free zones".Post a sign that says "armed neighborhood zone".
Which one would better deter crime,I wonder?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
[FONT=&quot]"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens firearms are indelibly related."[/FONT][FONT=&quot] George Washington[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now really... what politician is going to have the nerve to really go on to say that our first President is/was full of s**t ?

Lemme guess... times have changed eh? Not that much !
[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts