close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's more crooked

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, May 31, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Politicians are elected by the citizens to go to Washington and represent them. The politician is sworn to uphold the constitution of the US, but knows if he does not do what his constituents want, no matter how immoral or how much it violates the constitution then he will be out of a job and someone else will be sent that will do what the people want.

So who is more crooked? The politician who does what the people tell him or the people for telling the politician what to do?

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Phac,a great question. But,I think I have to go with majority rule,even though it may not be right,if it's what most of the people want,then I would have to succumb to it. Then,if it didn't work,I'd be yelling,"TOLD YA SO!"

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

IF polaticins listend to the Majority and NOT the vocal minority or big $$ dontating indiuvls and companies then it would be a good debate. Yet the problem is that in this age of TV Adds and the cost to run for office the polaticins need to raise some serious $$ to run and win. They go to office oweing people who gave them the big $$ a debt. I also belive that all of us have some larceny in our hart and the $$ and power help it to grow. Even a true idealistic person is easly curropted in the presence of such temptation.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Many people do not understand their rights or responsibilities due to poor education and far left media. It is the Law makers responsibility to understand the constitution and existing laws. Stupid or ignorant people are allowed to contact their representatives, but the representatives are under no obligation to give in to their demands. If a congressman knowingly votes for an unconstitutional bill, he is violating his oath of office, which USED to mean something.

5. GoGop

GoGop G&G Newbie

And what you said about someone being voted out for being immoral and unconstitutional isn't always true: They voted that no good Clinton in twice. :(

6. I have to go with Doglips on this one, politicians only listen to those with the $$$.
    The Politician's golden rule: those with the gold make the rules!
    :nod:
    Politicians = SCUM!
    -Jesse