close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why are we called "paranoid gun nuts"

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

This is not a humor post...this is somethings/thoughts I had that have left me puzzled....this is my disign so please forgive the mis-spelling:

Ok think about these things:
    If I put smoke / CO2 detectors in every room of my home then Im called concerned about my family.
    If I have a few fire extinguershers then Im called prepared.
    If I have a burgler alarm Im called protective of my family.
    If I insure I have the proper home owners, car and life insurance then Im called a pro active.
    If I get regular check ups, take my meds exericse ect then Im called concerned about my health.
    If I make sure my cars have a working spare jack lug wrench and flash light then Im called prepared.
    If I check my oil water ect and do regular maintance on my cars Im called a responsible person.
    If I check up on my kids Im called a concerned parent.
    If I have a first aid kit, flash lights ect for emergencies then Im called prepared.
    If I read the news paper wathc the news ect then Im called Informed.

Ok get what Im getting at...
    Then How come if I buy a single firearm...no mater what type or brand...for home defense Im called a paranoid gun nut?

I would love some input on this...is it me or is the world nuts? :confused:

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Doglips: You've made an excellent point. What you wrote should be posted on more bulletin boards.

Oxford

3. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Maybe it's the squirrel with the recoiless that does it

4. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Doglips,

You're made a very good point. I think it's because most people think the cops will always be there to protect them and that everything will be just fine since they don't have to fend for themselves. Wrong. Dead wrong. People need to think and act for themselves and that's exactly what we're doing when we buy a gun to protect our homes and families. We are thinking, we are taking responsibility. No one can ever be held responsible for our actions or lives except ourselves.

Benny

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

in some places in the U.S. its a crime to protect yourself!!! as a gun-owner its not paranoia that drives me it is knowing lifes realities, and how to deal with them. i put up a beware of the dog sign, because i have a dog. she may never bite anyone but theres that one time that she may, fair warning. better to be judged by12, than be carried by 6!!!

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Those people seem to have trouble realizing a gun is just a tool. I refer to the worst of that bunch as RAGS - Rabid Anti Gunners and LLD's - Leftwing Liberal Democrats. Good honest lawabiding gunowners have a tag too - "friends".

7. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

To borrow Clint Smith's phrase, "If I'm carrying a gun, what the hell do I have to be paranoid about?". I think the spirit of that phrase speaks for itself.........

8. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    people fear what they don't understand.

9. PAPA G

i'm not paranoid, just aprehensive:rolleyes: :D

10. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Bravo, PapaG! Bravo!!!!!!

11. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

When the liberals can't pin you down with logic or facts(the media don't need either,)they slap a label on you,gun nut,racist homophobe,anti-semetic,etc.,works every time.The subject becomes defensive,and all the others point fingers and become better than thou,some even climbing up on their big high horse to better get attention while they point.
    THAT'S why they slap a label on you!
    :D :D :D

12. Papa G Maybe instead of a "Beware of dog" sign it should be "Beware of paranoid gun nut" I sure wouldnt go in YOUR yard!

13. PAPA G

RAVE!!!how could you make such a faux paux, i mean liberal and logic in the same sentence??? i think you know better than that!!! and snkbite, no body round here messes with me, i am too ugly and can call up a nasty disposition in no time!!! i put the fear out with one eviil eye BWAAAHAAAHAAA:eek: :D

14. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

As a former LEO I can say the primary job of a cop is no longer to protect and serve it is to answer calls for service and document. So citizens who exercise their rights to self defense are the smartest. The other issue is that I believe the writers of the constitution knew that tyrancal rulers could appear again and they wanted to protect the citizens from the very thing that drove them to this country.

15. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Hey Shaun, I know you're an LEO in TN but do you find that the role of the the LEO is changing all over the country to where they usually end up cleaning up a mess after the fact than preventing it in the first place? Another thing is that it seems to me that police are sometimes taking more of a military role while the military is taking more of a police role. Am I just seeing things or do you guys see the same thing?

Benny

16. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Benny I am a former PRK LEO I have been working a civilian job for almost 5 years now -- your observations are right though

17. PAPA G

i see that too. i remember when SWAT teams first came out. black uniform, baseball caps, and bloused boots. now they look like their ready for combat in kabul!!!

18. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I used to be paranoid. Until I discovered they really were out to get me.

19. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I remember wearing those black or camo uniforms but I was always a 100 yards away with a 308

20. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

PapaG,your right,THAT WAS a major blunder,I thank you for pointing that out,and i will refrain from doing it again...thanks,I needed that!:D :D :D :D