close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why do you guys do not use Paul Clean ?...

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Guisan, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I'm with jay on this one. If you're not a shooter than how do you know if it's a great product? I mean I am like the rest of the guys one hee I am open to stuff, but hook us up with someone that knows and can tell us that this product is the "bees knees" ya know?

2. minimalbrat

minimalbrat G&G Newbie

I like the smell of Hoppes #9 and it seems to do the job.

3. Erickson

Erickson G&G Evangelist

Lack of availability, never heard of it, expense.

Never seen it before you mentioned it in any gun store, forum or gun show. Now this could be because it is brand new. I did find it in one of the Euro stores listed in Luxembourg, the shotgun patch thing was listed for 17.25 euros (15 + a 15% VAT) so it is $22.22 before I have it shipped here.

I didn't see anything on the website or anything in the video that told me it was going to do something that my $3 bag of bulk patches and some Hoppes or other bore cleaner/oil will do. I didn't even get a good look at the patch but the brief glimpse of it falling off it looked pretty clean so what exactly did it clean out of the rifle barrel that is supposed to impress me.

I am all for trying new products... if I see some value provided that my current choices don't provide. Maybe that new item is cheaper, maybe it cleans better but it has to provide me with something I didn't have before, I won't switch just to try something new especially if it is expensive. Being a small can and individually soaked in whatever oil is used and individually packaged tells me it won't be cheap. I am not at all opposed to paying for a quality product when I see the value it provides me. So far I am not seeing it.

A test that would maybe impress some, take a clean firearm and put 1000 of the dirtiest rounds you can(Wolf Surplus, Winchester White Box come to mind) through it. Clean it with what many would call the standard, Hoppes 9 and then apply your new cleaning patch and show me all the gunk it got that the traditional cleaner didn't. This in my opinion would be a great test because many know how well Hoppes works and it would be difficult to BS on such a test but if it truly worked and was a repeatable test you may just make some believers out of people.

4. My thinking, if what I use works, why switch. Another words, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Plus, I've never heard of it either. And if I had heard of it, I'd of still said what I did above.

5. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    We clean bores like we did 200 years ago, hoppes is aggressive stuff that even makes stains on Stgw90 magazines.
    It does not matter what you use to clean your Swiss bores as long as it is grease because that was proven the best, ever seen a bad Swiss bore, that one was cleaned with oil or not at all.

Even in Switzerland this stuff is popular under shooters and the Italian makers are just no good in marketing.

My 2 cts, take it or leave it.

Guisan.:)

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

YAWN,

This is getting BORE- ing.

7. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    No, it's getting better as boring, I need to put a guy back to the ground with his two feet............ I'm glad that you don't know me, you do have that limited view on what there is around in this world like Sara Paling or whatever, you did 11000 postings here so I should have expected better, search the web on Swiss rifles forums for my name and be a man and appologize.
    CA is not the only place in this world, I do my Swiss rifles postings in various countries in various languages and when you can do the same I have an opponent.
    BTW I did some 18000 postings on my own Swissrifles.com US-forum to teach you guys what they are as there is no good English book that can do so.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

I am a man, and I owe you nothing, much less an apology for expressing my opinion, as you have expressed yours. I don't need to be your "opponent", and I have no interest in Swiss Rifles.

You have a real nice day. Snuggle up with yerself, and enjoy it, because it's highly likely that no one else cares.

9. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    What the heck do you do a posting here for then ?
    Time too much and you like to share your knowledge and I'll support you but stay away fron that Sarah attitude.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  10. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Who in the hell is Sarah Paling?

Griz, you are so right...this is a boring thread.

It's pretty simple really, if the product is not on the market, it can't be used; if it can't be used, it can't be eveluated; if it can't be eveluated, there can be no opinions on it.

Tha Tha That's all folks!

By the way, where's NL? I'm unfamiliar with that one...other than North Lithuania, I have no clue.

11. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    Netherlands, Europe, tiny country with some 17 million ihabitants against 10 for the Swiss and there you go.

12. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

The google translator is letting you down, sir. You're out of your depth here.

Best of luck, as I'm done with you.

13. oldjarhead

MO
    Thanks for the info but I don't think your "attitude" is necessary. I had never heard of the abbreviation NL.

I have had one past occasion to converse with another person from the Netherlands...he had an attitude like yours...I didn't like him either.

If you'd like to make friends here, loose the attitude.

14. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Your ignorance, contempt & arrogance is really getting annoying.
    You started a thread by asking Why do you guys do not use Paul Clean?
    Which your agenda was, actually to promote the Italian product. Which YOU say is the best, yet it is not available in the U.S.. Then you claim your NOT a shooter, but have 18000 posts on another site!

I am starting to get tired of the insults.
    Some of us have actually been to your little country.
    And I am surprised that you have this arrogant attitude. As I never saw/heard it while I was there. BTW, I am in Alaska, not California, and each of these states, is still bigger then your N.L..
    For you to come onto this site. And start trashing Sarah Palin which is a friend/acquaintance of mine. Especially, since you know absolutely NOTHING about her. Is absurd & cowardly! :bs2:
    I think if you both dropped your panties. SHE would have a bigger set of stones then you! And would/could also out shoot, & clean her American rifles BETTER then you! :yup:

I got a idea where you to put your "Swiss Rifle" and cleaner....
    Never mind, you will want to argue that point too! :angryfire:

Goedenacht!

To the rest of G&G.
    My apologies, as I normally don't post like this!

15. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I would suggest sir that you might benefit from an old American saying' Tis better to say nothing and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt." We are all adult free thinking individuals her. Tho we may argue with one another, we do NOT take kindly to arrogant, condescending Europeans attempting to tell us what our attitudes should or should not be. I will also leave you with this final thought. " Show some respect for your elders" I will take the advice and knowledge of those on this forum (including some younger than me, if they know something I don't) over you and others with your type of attitude any day of the week and twice on sunday. Good Day to you sir!@

16. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Country Postal Abbreviations

^ NL is a proper abbreviation for The Netherlands.

As far as the one size fits all patch, Otis markets a product like that and it is available in the USA and has a very broad list of distributors, as oppposed to zero in the USA for the product that seems to be the topic of discussion in this thread. Guisan, I would encourage you to promote something we can get rather than being critical of us for not endorsing something that most of us on this forum don't even have access to. You essentially have the cart ahead of the horse sir.

Join in though, as I'm sure you have a wealth of information and insight to share.

17. I do not own a Swiss rifle so my response is "WHO CARES?"!

I think it's boot time anyway, flaming Jay like that.

18. oldjarhead

MO
    Your point being...? My friend.
    I guess I'd never heard of this because I have no need to know.
    I've never sent a letter to a Nethergal.

19. With apparantly NOTHING to do there but try to sell people your products from your country they CAN NOT purchase in THEIR country.

Don't you have a windmill to repair or something? Seems to me your IQ is like your country - below sea level!

20. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

No point really, other than it is commonly available information that is easily accessed. Hardly worthy of any dissent by anyone due to that ease of access. Certainly not worthy of challenging someone about half way around the globe who can easily access the same information to validate its accuracy.