close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why do you guys do not use Paul Clean ?...

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Guisan, Nov 20, 2012.

1. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Chit, I just fokkin asked!
    There was no challenge...so what's the beef?

2. oldjarhead

MO
    Hey, Jay can handle the heat...I'm sure he's had his butt burned a few times in his life.

What I find ludicrous is, here we have a Netherlander non-shooter, who has left over 8000 posts on another gun forum, wanting to know why shooters in the United States don't use an unavailable bore cleaner that is made in Italy who has never seen a dirty Swiss rifle bore and still cleans rifles the way they cleaned them 200 years ago because grease is the only way to go.

Amazing, absolutely fu----- Amazing!

Hey, Jay, you remember the above statement, don't ya? The emphasis was always on the third word...lol

3. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

Sure, I remember. There are several things in my life worth being concerned about. This gent isn't among them. It's really safe, for him to get hostile, and all inflated when he's thousands of miles away. I'll just consider the source, and pretty soon, he'll realize that he's the smartest guy in the room, because he's in there all by himself.... having delusions of competence.

18,000 posts on one gun forum? I'm not aware of any gun-related forum that would tolerate his BS for that length of time. Wait.... maybe it was his forum? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  4. Had to be his forum, and he was most likely the ONLY one in it!

One of them "I like to hear myself talk" kind of folks I guess.

5. GUNZABLAZIN

GUNZABLAZIN G&G Evangelist

"The Friendliest Gun Forum On The Internet"??? WOW :bigeyes:

I am familiar with Guisan (only on the internet), and have been on the Swiss Rifles forum for a few years. I am really suprised at the reaction that was given to his question. Perhaps he should have worded it a bit different, but I took no offence at it. I know everyone thinks that what they use is the best, or they wouldn't use it. I am also aware that cost and availability is a big determining factor in buying anything nowadays. I don't think he was trying to be condescending.

Can't we just all get along!!! We all like things that go BOOM!!!

My 2 cents. Doug

6. Jay

Sure we can. And 99% of the time, we do quite well at it. I don't go out of my way to be disagreeable, but I have no trouble reflecting what I'm presented with, and I do it rather quickly. More than a few contributors to this thread agree with me, so I don't believe it's just me. Nobody can control that 1%.

7. Jay

Doug,

You're only 45 minutes away. If you have the inclination, come down and enjoy some range time. I have a very small private range, or I'm on the board of the largest gun club in the State, covering 150 acres, and two full-auto ranges.

I'm retired, so if you're interested, scheduling is up to you. :usa2:

8. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    That was 18000 postings and it's a nitwitz so I don't care, I just did post my reply to put him back on the ground with both feet..LOLGuisan.:)

9. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I agree GUNZBLAZIN. I surely didn't see that he did anything deserving of the reception that he got here. I'm sure it wasn't the 1st time nor will it be the last where some one who doesn't converse in English as their 1st language fails to be 100% clear when presenting a thread on the forum.

There are some who enjoy English as their primary language that labor similarly here on G&G when trying to read, write, and understand the English language.

10. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Evangelist

I am certain you did exactly that. :yup:

And, might I add...

LOL!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Hi Guys. I've been gone for some time and I won't really have time to be back on the net for another month or two.
    My Dad directed me to this one this afternoon, and it's definitely a shocker for me.

I don't know if this will make any difference, but I hope I can clarify a few things. Please understand that English is not his primary or even secondary language... in fact not even the third. His understanding of the language is pretty good, but making a presentation such as this one was somewhat of a disaster. The nuances we all take for granted are not a part of his english repertoire. Serious and joking phrases, posts and ideas are not always easily seperated.

Not a Shooter: In his younger days he was on a shooting team and a participant in other club shooting sports and a very good one.
    It's not that he isn't a shooter.... rather he's no longer a shooter.... a fine difference he neglected to say. In his part of Europe he's actually not allowed to shoot. It's prohibited.

Please believe me and thousands of other Swiss Rifle affecianados, Guisan is without a doubt the most knowledgeable person on the net or in any country as concerns Swiss firearms from the antique right up through the current Swiss Army issue weapons including militaria, bar none.

This thread took a terrible turn and it's unfortunate. I think the potential US distributor he's talking about is actually my Dad, but if Grafs or Brownells won't advertise, promte and market in the product, then it's not likely SP would be involved at all.

This was a simple case of the cart before the horse with no guarantee of either the cart or the horse making it to the US, at least at this point in time.

A lot of things would have to happen first before SP would agree to be the US distributor, and that includes extensive field testing at our own facility.

I hope you gals and guys can cut him some slack with this one. He's an incredible resource for any and all Swiss shooters and collectors, and it would be a shame for all of it to go south over a language and understanding barrier.

Be well, and shoot safely.

Latigo St.Marie

12. ChaZam

^
    Exactly what I surmised.

13. Jay

Guisan,

Perhaps a bit late, but if I've mis-judged things, and your presentation of same, then I apologize. Hindsight being what it is, I probably should have stayed out of the thread in the first place, as I'm completely ignorant of everything relative to Swiss Rifles.

Again, we're a good group, and speaking only for myself, you kind of took me by surprise, and I reacted badly to you. Historically, tact has not been among what few social skills I possess.

Apologies, Sir. :usa2:

14. oldjarhead

MO
    It's not the language barrier, rather a percieved attitude and his condecending manners.
    He continued to make it an issue that no-one here uses a product that has not been proven nor is available in the U.S based on a video that proved nothing. Not to mention he professes to his personal greatness.

We all, on this forum, have our niche of expertise and we share our expertise with others without being condecending.

Like I stated, if he wants to make friends with the members of this forum he needs to loose the attitude. Pretty simple.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  15. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Evangelist

Yeah, the whole "man up and apologize to me" bit was the burr under my saddle.
    Props to Jay for taking the high road. Can't say I'd have done the same. That's no language barrier. "Plain and simple".

16. ChaZam

Unless I've missed something pretty profound, when directed to watch the video which demonstrated a "1 size fits all patch", almost everyone here was still posting about the chemicals that they use. The language barrier and attitude isn't so much his problem from what I observed. People here were even challenging him about the abbreviation for The Netherlands.

I accept the explanation that Latigo gave us.

17. Hi guys! Not Lat. I'm better looking! :)
    This is a link to something Latigo did for CalGuns so they could stay on their own board and have a lot of info of their own. He's sorta like very busy with projects, but he asked if maybe you guys would like something like this? He'd be happy to do it. (That means he's happy for ME to do it)

CalGuns Swiss Rifle Central - Calguns.net

Let me know and I'll make it happen.
    Bye!

1911sr

18. ChaZam

I quickly scanned that thread and there is a tremendous amount of information there. Too much to consume all at once, but I'll surely be going over it in more detail.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

19. oldjarhead

MO
    Where did you come up with that one?
    The video I watched had zero sound...none...nada...ziltch.

This whole thread has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime...
    Some people can't see the forest for the trees...I guess we underlings of G&G are all the misunderstanding intolerant bad guys...wow!

Again, what challenge?...does a simple question constitute a challenge? I guess I need to get a new world dictionary so my definitions coincide with yours. MBE!

Adios, Amigo!