Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
The .22 lr has a notorious habit of not functioning, bad primers, misfires, etc. This was why John Browning created the .25 ACP vest pocket pistols. It the critter gets away because all you hear is a "click" when it should "bang" there's a problem.

maybe in the past, but with quality, modern .22lr i rarely have ftf's. .22mag is almost as reliable as center-fire in my experience.

still you have somewhat of a valid point that centerfire is more reliable than rimfire.
that said, I dont think the mouse in the garden is a cause for concern!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Quite recently I had some CCI .22 Mini-Mag cartridge fail. When a skunk is ready to spray you, do you really want to worry about cycling the action for another round?

Thanks, but no, thanks.
the other day i had a brass cased 5.56 round not go off.. nothing is perfect.

plus, if a skunk is about to spray you d be better off focusing on getting away from it as fast as possible rather than trying to draw a pistol and shoot it!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I'll shoot a .25 ACP and you can stand in front of it with a catcher's mitt. Would you care to play? No? Spouting foolishness isn't lending you credibility.

we can say the same for a .22lr, you willing to bet on whether it would go off if you were in front of it?

this is starting to feel like the other ".32acp is best round" thread you created. if .32 whatever round works for you then fine, but dont be surprised other people might have differing opinions, and your bringing your opinions to a public forum, so your providing us with the opportunity to share opposing views on the matter.

if you like it and it works for you, fine, but dont expect everyone else to agree.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I’m with you brother. I have 32 H&R magnum revolver‘s and a 327 federal rifle. Both will shoot any and all of the lower powered 32s, although my rifle may become a single shot but that is not a problem for me. I am a big fan of the 32s.
what rifle is chambered in .327?

edit: looks like there are some h&r's and some henry levers. maybe ruger might make one too idk. i kinda think a ruger 77/327 would be neat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts