Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
8,515 Posts
Yeah and its typical of the standard eastern bloc trigger pulled it'll be 25lbs on a 16oz or lighter gun.
But I've felt a few American pocket guns line that also.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,536 Posts
Apparently not all that many were made; only about 6,000 in all. The Russian police prefer hi-cap semi-autos to six shot revolvers. I'd want to shoot it before I called it a dog, though. It is worth remembering that the Russians don't build their guns to be pretty - they build them to work when you need them to.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,536 Posts
Yikee Momma! That IS an ugly gun! And I thought HiPoint C9's were ugly.
I've always said that the Hi-Point pistols are so ugly, they should have been designed by a Russian - because like every Russian rifle and pistol from the Model 1891 Mosin Nagant on, they always work when you need them to.

· Registered
385 Posts
I've always said that the Hi-Point pistols are so ugly, they should have been designed by a Russian - because like every Russian rifle and pistol from the Model 1891 Mosin Nagant on, they always work when you need them to.
They may have gotten better but... Back when Surplusrifleforum was still going strong we had a member who was a Louisiana state trooper. He had a cool job. He was in charge of gun testing for the entire state. This wasn't 'crime' testing, it was functional and durability testing of various firearms on the market. They didn't test every model of gun but he had a budget and within reason could buy what he wanted and test it. He would then produce a report on that weapon.

One of the pistols he tested was a Hi-Point (.45 I think). He shot out the barrel in less than 5000 rounds. Just a FYI.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts