close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Handguns ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: What made you want to buy a handgun :rolleyes: Were you a victim of a violent crime ? :mad: Was somebody stalking you ? :mad: Did you get
    carjacked ? :eek: Or had you always just plain wanted one :p :target:

2. JUST WANTED ONE

MY FIRST HANDGUN WAS A S&W 1917 IN 1943.AND IS STILL PART OF MY .45 COLLECTION.

DANA

3. Logansdad,

Are you a member of a survey team or have you done/doing several term papers for college?

Just kidding, of course, but I noticed you do a lot of questions that put people in a postion of 'is big brother watching'? LOL

Now, don't get mad.....I am just observing and...dang...I'm just messin' with ya dude!.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

He do ask alot of questions don't he? Always was around guns,never had to think twice about getting a handgun.

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Tell me y'all don't enjoy the topics and other members replies...
    I was worried about Road Rage

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I've been around guns my entire life, I don't remember not having a hangun actually. Helps when your dad is a gun dealer I reckon.

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    CAUSE I CAN!

8. Same here. Always was around the house. I figured and expected that they were in everyboby's house. Shot my first rifle when I was three and got cap guns when I was born. I wouldn't know how not to have guns.

9. Grew up around guns, got out for a while cause I got hitched. Got back into rifle shooting, went out with a buddy to shoot hangun one night as the firle range is to **** far to drive to all the time, got re-hooked on handguns. Still hitched, contemplating IDPA. It's an addiction.

10. Jerry agreed --CAUSE I CAN. And it is my right. And when it is no longer my right--I will give up the bullets--use your imagination.

11. grew up on a ranch south of wynona TX, Carried(while working on the ranch)32 h&R mag single action at age 8 and got my uncles 1911 A1 at age 10. always had one don't plan on giving it up.
    I taught my son how to shoot a hand gun at age 7 hes now turning 15 and shoots as well as the old man.
    Not allot of crime that would be worth a shot around here yet but its been moving our way from Buffalo, and Eire pa. I do Carrie everyday but its more a matter of my right now than out of need. I do Carrie when I visit the old lady in Pittsburgh and am trying to get her to do the same but the hospital she works at won't let them have one on the grounds. (she goes through a metal detector and a baggage search going in and out of her lab, don't know what kind of research shes doing and don't want to)

12. They won't let me buy any anti-tank weapons or high explosives.

13. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

My parents bought me a .22 rifle when I was 14 or 15, then I found out the rules for handguns. After I turned 18 I took the permit course, joined a shooting club and got my permit just after turning 19. It was a natural progression. I've had at least one since, whether or not I have had a longarm or not.

14. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i feel your pain feg. i always palyed with toy guns as a kid, my dad was on the rifle team in high school, we always had guns in the house, i was also taught early on to respect the gun and what it can do (so i never blew a hole in the tv), and generally wasn't "fearful" of guns like kids who never even get to see one except in the movies. ...why did i get one? they go boom. it's fun to shoot, i find it relaxing, and i realized, "hey! i can own as many guns as i want!" so i did.

15. Tactical nukes weren't an option... ;)

Seriously, been around guns all my life, and a handgun was just a natural extension of my fettish... :)

16. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Just because I didn't have anything else to spend money on :p

Not really

17. Because footguns are not an option.

18. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

for hand to hand combat situations

19. Armorer

Armorer Guest

It came with my M1 :)

20. tommy